Painted my headlights today | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painted my headlights today

I want to eventually get a front mounted 2 inch hitch receiver to add a removable winch which would be on it's own 2 inch compatible hitch so I could be used in the front or rear as needed (after I upgrade my rear to a 2 inch).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00076RLHC/

Do you have a picture of how this hitch looks mounted on the front of a Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This one. Found it the other day can't seem to find now but sure it will pop back up if I look around online enough. Not sure of quality but its cheap enough. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=289788&page=3

Ya I'm looking more for something that will prevent deer damage. RanchHand bumper would be best but they don't make them for Explorers.

It would be better if I could find a complete bumper with built in tow hooks, winch mount, and a 2" receiver.

This is my baby! :D I painted the housing's black (along with the turn signal's),I also installed a set of morimoto 6.0's (with the bi-xenon feature) along with a pair of white LED halo's from theretrofitsource.com. this setup has a pair of 5,000k H.I.D bulb's paired with a set of 55w ballast's. I just have to say wow, the difference is wonderful, IMO worth every penny, this ran about 350$, they are pure white with a very nice color flicker from the projector's. I'm looking forward to adding rgb led halo's to the headlight's & foglight's along with retrofitting the foglight's with morimoto matchbox projector's. Also everything is sealed with 100% silicone.
IMG_20151016_180350_zpswnmt4r8k.jpg

In snow country, the white lights reflect back more when it's snowing. The stock headlamps are actually better. I noticed this right away with a LED bar, and the white car lamps.

In snow country, the white lights reflect back more when it's snowing. The stock headlamps are actually better. I noticed this right away with a LED bar, and the white car lamps.

Prob want to actually use yellow fogs there. Or you could wear yellow sunglasses.

I've been wanting to add factory fog lights with yellow bulbs for a while now but I don't see how without having to replace the whole bumper.

I like the headlights, but prefer the clear turns, over painting the outside. I see that some people appear to have taken clear turns and painted the insides of them, just as with the headlights. Looks like [MENTION=270671]anthonymtz[/MENTION] did this.

Edit, if you hit a deer, going at any decent rate of speed, those bumper gaurds aren't going to do much. The portion that covers the headlights will bend in. The portion in front of the grill will bend in.

You'll end up needing a new hood, headlight or two, possible bumper and header panel.

Oh and a new bumper guard.

I like the headlights, but prefer the clear turns, over painting the outside. I see that some people appear to have taken clear turns and painted the insides of them, just as with the headlights. Looks like [MENTION=270671]anthonymtz[/MENTION] did this.

Edit, if you hit a deer, going at any decent rate of speed, those bumper gaurds aren't going to do much. The portion that covers the headlights will bend in. The portion in front of the grill will bend in.

You'll end up needing a new hood, headlight or two, possible bumper and header panel.

Yes sir! That's exactly what I did, I don't like the look of the len's being painted black, it looks cheap and ugly, I love the look of the clear len's with the black housing's.

You mentioned earlier in post about overhead off-road lights

I added a third cross bar to the factory rack and have a basket with spare and on the third bar I mounted my lights. My wires run along the rack to back hatch where they entered the interior.

Are there any bumper guards that will actually protect the front end? Or would it have to be something custom made like a steel front bumper? I agree with the black housings with clear lenses, but a can of plasti dip is $6 and can be removed easily lol but might try painting them like the headlights instead of buying a set.

I think the only ones that physically protect the car are the heavy duty (custom fab'd?) bumpers.

Are there any bumper guards that will actually protect the front end? Or would it have to be something custom made like a steel front bumper? I agree with the black housings with clear lenses, but a can of plasti dip is $6 and can be removed easily lol but might try painting them like the headlights instead of buying a set.

RanchHand http://www.ranchhand.com but they don't make them for Explorers.

Back