painted plastic trim black | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

painted plastic trim black

I didn't like the gray trim around the ex so I krylon spray painted em black, shud look nice with black cragars when I get em....sorry theirs no b4 pic but I'm sure uve seen one before
efb3bee7.jpg

9d768f56.jpg

3b9e9d3d.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

White might have looked much better , although I just noticed the ski rack overkill as well lol.

well. i gotta agree with deamon3. im not feeling it. it doesnt "flow" with the rest of the truck. maybe if you painted the front and rear bumpers black to match it would look more "complete" i think white would be a cleaner look

It's why they really didn't make any half black half white explorers.

I did the plastic trim on my 96 truck not too long ago with the same stuff and turned out great.

I think it looks great. My truck is similar; its half black half red. I think half black/half some other color on the 4 doors would've been a great factory option, like the first gen sports had.

The paint looked great or stuck great?

The stuff sticks good, I used it on my cowl under my wipers last year

i like it better than grey thats for sure what kind exactly did you use? yeaah just curious why the two sets of roof rack crossbars??

as far as painting the trim goes it will work well if you use the right paint. mine has been painted for two years but it needs retouching every 6 months or so.

i hate that damn gray plastic

i used krylon fusion paint thats made for plastic and then high quality krylon paint for metal for the rear bumper.

ive put this pic up on here before but its on of the few i have
exmustangmurdered.jpg

ahahahahaha pizza
mods r teh funneh

whats goin on with all the "pizza" words?

"pizza paint" LOL...this is awesome.

Back