Painting bumper trim with bumper paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painting bumper trim with bumper paint

Ok, so I got this black bumper paint from Pep Boys today, it's made by Plastic-Kote. It's acrylic, if that matters. I plan on testing the paint on the trim of my rocker panels before I do any bumper work, but I have a feeling that the color that I'm going to get is a flat black (just says "black" on the can). My question is, what would I need to add after I paint to give the trim a more "glossy" look?

Try spraying some crystal clear clear coat over it. Make sure it isn't satin finish clear coat. All of the black paint on my truck is krylon semi-flat black...I found that the semi-flat gives it the right amout of gloss without having to clear coat it.

I have to second the vote on the Krylon Semi Flat. I discovered it a few months back and have been using it for all type of little jobs with great success., windshield wipers arms, faded black trim, etc.

Hey,

I have the same stupid grey/purple bumper trim.

I have to get rid of it this spring,
Have any of you guys painted your trim with the black bumper paint, and have pics on it?

Thanks,

Back