Painting hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painting hood

I have to paint my hood because it's ugly, is there anyway to do that that's fairly inexpensive and easy to do? I don't want to repaint the whole truck, but I'm sick of looking at the paint deterioration on my hood...Thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since your X is old, and the rest of the truck has been weathered all these years, you'd be better off just painting the whole truck instead of just the hood. It looks kinda strange when you have a newly painted body panel and everything else is faded.:redexp:

how 'bout a roller and a tank of herculiner? :smoke:

thegoon543 is right. if you just do the hood it looks funny. if you don't want to spend a lot find a Macco place. They do the whole vehical for around $300. If is by no means the best paint job. If you are going off roading a good paint job isn't going to last any ways and a waste of money. I would go to Macco and have them do it.

I disagree with painting the whole truck! About 3 months ago a guy backed into my front end and i had to get my driver side fender fixed and this included painting it. My ex is that dark emrald green and you can not tell the fender is new paint. I am also gettin ready to have my hood repainted and a spot on the roof of it, my hood has one spot that the clear coat is startin to go away on it and the roof paint is just ugly! Your best bet is to find a body shop that will give you a good price. I havent got a qoute yet but i can let you know a price when i do , not sure when though!

Cool, thanks Boman

If you go to a QUALITY shop , they can certainly match the hood to the rest of the vehichle ( called tinting the paint ) but it will cost $$$$ . Not your typical macco job . If I were you I would camo the X . When mine gets bad enough , Camo it is ........ Good luck ..Rand ..:chug:

Back