• Register Today It's free!

painting my calipers

perkinsbrandon72

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 03 XLT V8
hey guys i have a black x and iam kinda going with the blacked out look and i kinda want to paint my caliper what color should i paint them black or red.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Black. Leave the red for the ricers.

I have a black X and I did mine silver, I think it gives a nice clean look, with at least some contrast.

Yeah, id go with black too...

I almost bought the paint to do it, then I realized I need to quit wasting my money on cosmetics, and buy the parts I need to get it on the road first lol

My ex is black and I just got finished painting the trim flat black with krylon fusion flat blacK paint...I also bought G2 paint for calipers...I read its good and holds up...bought it black so I can black out the whole car...ill put some pics up later to show u how it looks so far
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks guy i think il do mine black and i would like to see thos pics

+1 on the powder coating and I vote for lime green.

looks good but i think ill do black

Niceeeee
Posted via Mobile Device

Duplicolor makes a caliper specific paint. Works quite well. Have had it on my Mustang for a couple years now and still looks great.

Just cleaned them real good with some brake cleaner, the scuffed them with a little sand paper. Masked and painted.
Cost like $30 to do all 4.

Duplicolor makes a caliper specific paint. Works quite well. Have had it on my Mustang for a couple years now and still looks great.

Just cleaned them real good with some brake cleaner, the scuffed them with a little sand paper. Masked and painted.
Cost like $30 to do all 4.

Awesome!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Back