Painting my Plastic Trim black? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Painting my Plastic Trim black?

I have a 2001 explorer sport, with a dark blue paint and a gray plastic trim along the bottom

is their any way i can paint that black on my own?

what would i need?

how do you think it would look, has anyone done it?

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BlackHawk09er

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
ok thanks,

any tips?

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BlackHawk09er

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Sport trim is different from 4dr trim... the material is not the same.

yea i was starting to think that, and it also has a roughish texture to it..

Would i still be able to herculine it?

Kovalchuk

Reaction score
City, State
OTTAWA, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT Loaded
Would i still be able to herculine it?

I am unsure of the exact texture of the sport model... but I mean Herculiner pretty much adheres to everything. The key is a very good scuff and a lot of preparation time. It adhered pretty damn well to my driveway that's for sure!