Paintless Dent Repair | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paintless Dent Repair

Just had to post a note about how this is going.

I had a ding in the passenger door of my new Excursion. Looked almost like someone took a hole punch and hammer and whacked my door. Also, looked like it went through to the primer. My truck is dark blue and the center of the hole was off white.

I also had several scratches that looked like a shopping cart had rubbed down the side of my truck. Total area was about 4" tall and 8 to 9" long. All showing white that would not rub or scratch off with a thumbnail. ( Hoping it was the other guys paint.

This was all inflicted by whoever broke in and stole my DVD,VCP and both TV displays from the truck.

Body shop required repainting whole door ( After prep work ) plus retaping to match after painting. Over $500 just for this.

My car club recomended using Dentless repair from this specific gentleman. All I can say is wow. I wish I had taken pictures before and after. I can't tell that there was ever any damage.

Apparently the scratch only went into the clearcoat. When the clearcoat incurs an abrasion it usually turns a whitish color and is mistakin for primer. Anyway he repaired the dent and color sanded the door. Looks perfect.

My cost.....only $60.00 and he did it in the parking lot of my office.

Very happy with this, but check out who does your work and make sure you are happy with what he does. Some of them don't do a quality job.

Thanks Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see those guys driving around in vans all the time. humm may have to give then a shout! thanks for the heads up GOFAST

I think I'm gonna try that. Can all dent repair places "color sand" a clear coat scratch? I have a dent & paint scratch about a 4" wide on the passenger side rear quarter panel and I was quoted for $250 at body shop :(

My experiance was great. I highly recomend that you get recomendations in your area from people who may have used this service. I checked with my Car Club ( Camaro, Firebird & Vette's ) and several had used this guy. Also several people from the Grand Prix club used him too.

Some of these services are just a racket. Fix it quick and get out of there. They may not be as attentive to the details as others. They usually charge less, but arn't as concerned with the outcome.

Also, It's hard to find a school to teach this stuff now. Most are only 3 day classes, so most of what they learn is what they learn while "praciticing " on your auto. The guy I used here in Dallas has done this for a while. His class was 9 weeks too. He knew his stuff.

So check them out, get referances, and good luck.

Thanks Rob

gofast, do you own an f-body also?

F-Body Fan!

Just sold it.

Started with a 1st Gen. 69 RS/SS convertible. ( Pictures in the Before & After ) Did the car show thing.

Then I went to buy my wife a new Suburban and came home with a 98 T/A. The LS1 was a great motor. Dyno'ed at 309 HP & 323 Torque at the back wheels. Whisper Lid and a Hooker catback were installed. I then went to custom Sub-frame connectors, Bilstiens and G2 front sway bar. Started Road Racing and AutoX stuff.

3 weeks ago we sold it and bought a PSD Excursion. I now have a great tow rig. Saving my pennies for a Z06 so I can start the raceing thing again.

i want an LS1 sooo bad.. those things are one of the few things GM can be proud of. I used to have a lowly Formula 5.0, it was okay... fun as hell, very torquey.. but pretty slow

Yes paintless dent repair is great

I had hail damage on my hood(about 12 dings) and was going to replace it. I was told a new one whould never align as well as the old. Also had a few shopping cart dings. We had also bought a suburban with a few dings. Needless to say they can not be found. Being a woman I reallyyyyy lookedddddd.... LOL I also was given the priviledge of watching him remove one. It was so cool. It is really an art. I had fantastic results.

Dent Wizard

Yeap.

Those dent repair guys are very cool. I rear ended my friend's parked Cutlass Supreme convertible in my parking lot... needless to say the trunk was dented as my bumper brushed it in a glancing blow. I called up my brother who knows the dent guy, a week later (my schedule permitting) the guy shows up and fixes it, even buffed out the black marks from the bumper. We didnt go throuh the insurance company since its my best friend and I would like to keep my clean record...anyway $50 later (cash) it was all take care of! Very much impressed with the ability of the dent dude as we call him now. I'm thinking that I"ll have to give him a shout to take care of some of my dents when I get the money up.

hmm....lets see. these guys usually charge $50-60 per dent, right? then i only need about $2500 to fix my bronco. or just a 5 gallon can of gas and a match.

Back