• Register Today It's free!

Panel Blend Switch

iteotwawki

Reaction score
City, State
Beaumont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
OK the question, when I have the blend switch set to Panel, I can still feel significant air flow at my feet.

The switch works. If I move it to Defrost, I can hear the doors close and feel the air flow above the dash or if I move it to floor, the air will only blow on the floor, but If I set the switch to Panel, I still get air flow down by my feet.

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mr. Moderator, can you please move this to the Under the hood forum, it's a little quiet here? :D I should have put it there in the first place.

I would start by removing the control and seeing if there is anything obvious. Then make sure the airbox doors etc are working right.

Thanks for the tip.

I would start by removing the control and seeing if there is anything obvious. Then make sure the airbox doors etc are working right.

:( I was hoping to avoid that, however that's probably the first step. I'll be digging into the dash anyways as I have to deal with a pesky tachometer that reads inaccurately.

Did you find anything? I am having this same issue.

Back