Panel Blend Switch | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Panel Blend Switch

iteotwawki

Reaction score
City, State
Beaumont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
OK the question, when I have the blend switch set to Panel, I can still feel significant air flow at my feet.

The switch works. If I move it to Defrost, I can hear the doors close and feel the air flow above the dash or if I move it to floor, the air will only blow on the floor, but If I set the switch to Panel, I still get air flow down by my feet.

Any ideas?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

iteotwawki

Reaction score
City, State
Beaumont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
Mr. Moderator, can you please move this to the Under the hood forum, it's a little quiet here? :D I should have put it there in the first place.

<

wood1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
North of Edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
I would start by removing the control and seeing if there is anything obvious. Then make sure the airbox doors etc are working right.

<

iteotwawki

Reaction score
City, State
Beaumont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
Thanks for the tip.

I would start by removing the control and seeing if there is anything obvious. Then make sure the airbox doors etc are working right.

:( I was hoping to avoid that, however that's probably the first step. I'll be digging into the dash anyways as I have to deal with a pesky tachometer that reads inaccurately.

<

sector9

Reaction score
City, State
St. George UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 xlt
Did you find anything? I am having this same issue.

<