Parasitic draw on battery, not radio/dvd nor rear wiper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parasitic draw on battery, not radio/dvd nor rear wiper

tesla4all

Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
Hi folks.. have read thru all seemingly applicable threads and pulled fuses for rear wiper... radio/DVD.. Now, the CD player cycles several times before finally giving up and quitting. When I close the car doors my amp draw runs .52 for about 10 seconds then drops to .42 where it remains. I have dialed down the interior lights to OFF... Courtesy lights completely off. The only difference I have noticed is when I remove the fuse for the PAT system when closing the door the voltage remains at .40..... I've not gone through the entire process of pulling each and every fuse yet. Update... went through pulling power fuses this morning and found the draw on fuse 15... a 15A that according to the users manual provides power to "Memory (PCM/DEATC/Cluster), Courtesy lamps" My next move is to check all courtesy lamp bulbs for failure. If you have had a similar problem that you've solved please let me know,.. I'll update as I go.. Thanks in advance for your input...

The last issue I had with parasitic current draw was corrosion on the pins of the 7 pin trailer connector beside the rear hitch. Replaced the receptacle and all was good.

The last issue I had with parasitic current draw was corrosion on the pins of the 7 pin trailer connector beside the rear hitch. Replaced the receptacle and all was good.
Thanks for that... jury is still out on my problem... working with FORScan at the moment and finding little support for this year model anywhere...

I had a draw on my 1997 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0.

Local mechanic narrowed it down to the Subwoofer separate amp. Apparently something inside went bad. Unclipped it from the rest of the amp and draw went away. No bass anymore, but my battery doesn't go dead in two days anymore.

Back