Park lights problem on right side of the car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Park lights problem on right side of the car

anderson83

Reaction score
City, State
Izium, Kharkovskay oblast, Ukraine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Good afternoon!
I have a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 sohc. The problem with the marker / parking lights on the right side - they do not work. Check fuse # 11 (15a), could not find the switch - off in the four boxes all relays, but the position / parking lights on the left side continued to burn. Wiring is working properly. Wiring check tester: there is not closure, wire "rings" - break is not.Wiring I was calling by tested (multimeter). I connected negative wire by multimetr to the ground of the car and positive wire to the contact of the park lamps. The park lamps themeself is working. I was the park lamps checked by connect to the working contact of the park lamps on left side of car. Disables the fuse - the park lamp does not work, disable relay - running on left side park lamps, right unchanged. If the relay is off, turn off the fuse, the turn lamps start to burn continuously on both sides. Also check short to ground, the tester indicates zero. The battery is not discharged. I spent a replacement relay - unchanged. Additional devices in the car, do not connect, everything is factory. I'm understand as I have an open circuit in the wiring - because, if disable park lamps relay - parks lamps on left side of the car stay included. This is indicate as had power bypassing park lamps relay, but in conformity with wiring digramm (http://portal-diagnostov.ru/index.p...remontu/ford/explorer/2070-1999-ford-explorer) how I understand, power from #11 (15amp) fuse go in to headlamp relay, then power from headlamp relay go in park lamps relay (pin 5, then from pin5 go in pin 1, then power go in park lams from pin 3 park lamps relay), then power go in to dimmer relay from park lamps relay, and then power go in to main light switch from dimmer relay. And, how I understand, power go in front/rear turn/park lamps and stop lamps after park lamps relay, ground has body car (fender, quarter panel).
At first I thought as power go from headlamp relay to park lamps (bypassing park lamps relay), but if disable headlamp relay - parks lamps on left side of the car stay included. The only thing as disabled park lamps is #11 (15amp) fuse. I think, I have problem with main light switch ore dimmer relay ore connectors wiring, because in conformity with wiring digramm: when turn on position park light of main light switch - power go to park lamps relay, then power from relay go to connectors to the lamps. But I don't understand: if disabled all relays (in junction box, in relay module, etc.) why park lamps on left side of the car stay uncluded?
Please, do not know what to do. Thank you in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi! Thank you for help! My Explorer not have console. What is it RAP module? My car was done for Europe.

Спасибо за подсказку! Завтра утром буду разбирать панель и смотреть!

Tanks for the tip! Tomorrow morning I will disassemble the dash and check RAP and GEM modules! Good night!

Hi! Problem with parking lights on right side of the car was is solved by replacing the fuse # 35 in fuses box by left side of the dashboard.

Great thread! Good info here. Is it safe to say if you have the lower display in your vehicle you have the Lamp module? or is that case to case?

Hi! Now, I'm not have lower display and my car not equipment Lamp module. I make wiring diagram fuses box, relay from this forum, but diagram fuses box does not match wiring diagram in my car. I looked at the wiring in my car and I see that wiring have factory marking, that is to say no body do not modify the wiring for me.
And now I'm trying to solve a problem with a bad engine running: after start for a few seconds engine stalls, after restart engine work good, sometimes engine stalls on the move, I think this problem related with pressure regulator and fuel line or with crankshaft position sensor, or I have problem with hydrojacks and exhaust valves because engine sputtering as a tractor. I connected my car to VCM II and any error PCM not see.

Back