Parking/blinker help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parking/blinker help

I have never liked the orange blinker above the headlight. So, I replaced it with a clear bulb and cut the blinker wire to make it a parking kight only. It has almost acheived what I was looking for. Now I have orange marker and blinker/parking lights on the right and a clear headlight with a clear light above it. Looks good except the light above the headlight is dull. Can I take the parking wire and place it on the blinker wire to the bulb so that it will be bright? Or will this cause other problems. Also, after cutting the blinker wire, the blinker on the bottom right goes really fast. What can I do to fix this.
Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Switching wires will work fine. No problems...
You will have to get some resister to take the place of the bulb so that the blinkers dont blink fast. Maby the kind they sell for LED lights would work?
Or what would it look like if you connected the blinker wire to the parking (5watt) portion of the bulb?

Thanks! I did this last night and it works great. Now at night the parking light about the headlight is white and bright as the head light. I just hope not to bringht for on coming traffic. And I left the orange bulbs in the two spots on the right. I think it looks pretty good.

What did you do about the fast blinking?

I switched the two wires. So, the blinker wire is hooked to the low wat. side of the bulb. So, the parking light uses the bright side and the blinker uses the dim one. You cant even see that one blink with the parking light on. This slowed the blinker down about half as much as it was, but it is still fast. Not fast enough to bother me though.

The fast blinkers still bugged me. So after searching here for a while I went and got a veriable load electrocnic flaher relay. Now they blink at a normal pace!!

Back