Parking Brake Release Extension 2008 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parking Brake Release Extension 2008 Ford Explorer

nickn269

Reaction score
City, State
Plainwell, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
Is there an extension I can place on the release handle for the parking break on a 2008 Ford Explorer? I'm tall with a gut and I can NOT bend down and reach that far and under the dash to reach the damn thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would prefer the foot release type also, much easier than reaching down for the handle.

I have to release my brake before the seat belt goes on, it's anoying.

Please, someone with some info on this would be amazing! Help please!

Just the beginning of an idea--rather than extend the handle how about cobbling together a grabber that can be kept handy in the door pocket? Maybe a length of dowel fitted with some heavy wire or light metal tubing bent to mimic the shape of fingers grabbing the handle, wrapped in tape or something to prevent scratching. Maybe a cup hook screwed into the end of a stick would do the job but you get the idea. With the right length and shape and a little practice it sounds like it should work.

I would prefer the foot release type also, much easier than reaching down for the handle.

I have to release my brake before the seat belt goes on, it's anoying.

Agreed, my other 2 cars have the foot release kind of release mechanism, much easier to use.

If you put an extension on it, I'm sure you would break it off getting in or out of the truck.

Back