Solved - Parking lights don’t flash anymore when locking the vehicle with the fob | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Parking lights don’t flash anymore when locking the vehicle with the fob

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

coll1ver

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT V6
I have a 1997 Explorer with Viper Auto start installed on it. The parking lights used to blink every time I locked/unlocked/started the car. For some reason it stopped doing that today. It still locks unlocks and starts the car. Lights just don’t blink anymore. It is inconvenient because now I have to listen for door lock sounds to confirm that the brain has received the signal and locked the car. It is also nice seeing car light up when starting with auto start, so I don’t have to stand out in the cold to hear it rev, because it’s cold in Alaska. I’ve read that it could be a burned fuse or a RAP module failure. I haven’t checked them yet and want to know if there’s something else that needs to be checked. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you click lock twice to arm the factory alarm, does the horn sound?

If you click lock twice to arm the factory alarm, does the horn sound?
No. It’s not a factory alarm and I don’t have the factory alarm fob. But no it never did that with the current auto start I have

It’s going to be the alarm unit itself, or something happened with the wiring. Going to need a meter, and the alarm diagrams to start.

The thread can be closed. Found the culprit. Turns out aftermarket auto starts have fuses on their wires. I had a completely melted 10 amp fuse that was responsible for the lights.

Easy peasy

Back