• Register Today It's free!

Parking Sensors

RGunby

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I need help with my parking sensors on my 2000 explorer. I purchased it from a private one owner. They never used the parking sensors, they said that they never really knew what they were used for. They said that the explorer was hit from the rear, but there was minor damage and the bumper was replaced they said that after it was replaced the sensors on the back haven't worked since. When you put the truck in reverse the "off" light comes on. Then I try to turn it back on and they won't the off light stays on. Can anyone help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm glad you joined like I told you too...I would check to see if all 4 are plugged in all the way and staying plugged in firm. Welcome Russell!:D

Yea, I'm thinkin' the same thing. I'm also thinking that I've got to take it
to a dealer to get them fixed. I wanted an Explorer with this feature b/c my mom had a friend that backed over their child. So every car we buy we try to either get the reverse sensing system included with the car or either the back up camera.

Got em fixed. One was loose.

Back