• Register Today It's free!

part identification

fudgewater

Reaction score
City, State
marysville
Year, Model & Trim Level
limited
2008 Explorer V8... I recently spent way too much money trying to get a fuel leak fixed. long story short, on the way home I got an evap leak code and couldn't get gas into the tank (I could get about 3 seconds before it would shut off). I took it back and they pressurized the tank and said they blew out a clog and so I could get fuel in and cleared the codes. I was able to fill the tank without a problem but still leaked and codes came right back. They wanted to charge me again to fix to fix the "new leak" so I decided to do it myself. Leak is fixed but I now but still have evap codes and "check fuel filler area" notification on the dash. After tracing all the hoses, I found a hose that runs up along side of the filler neck with a bolt shoved in the end and it looks like there should be some sort of filter or check valve. I've owned it since new so I'm sure the bolt is new. I removed the bolt and cleared the codes but am still getting codes but more now (large leak). I cant find a picture of the part and don't know what I'm looking for exactly but I found a video. It's the small white piece on the hose ziptied in with the rest of the hoses about 17 seconds into the video.

Thanks in advance for any help identifying this little part

Welcome!
Looks like your video didn’t attach...

Looks like a vent cap, as on the differential hoses, though it may be a check valve. Look at a tubing schematic for the car and see what it says.

Back