• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Part number/alternate options for PI black wheels?

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
i have a ‘17 Sport and I’m going to ride out these tires for this winter but next year definitely switching to snows. Thinking about getting a set of PI wheels to mount some dedicated snows. Anyone have the P/N for the PI wheels, or any places that sell knock offs?

Wanted to start the search now and build up my parts over the course of this year.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I bought mine from the dealer.DG1Z-1015-A I'm not aware of any knock-offs for this wheel. I also bought the center cap for them which required buying new lugnuts as well.

Peter

kobresia

Reaction score
City, State
Black Hawk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PI Utility
They show-up at municipal surplus auctions and scrapyards with some frequency, depending on location. I've seen full sets of surplus steelies with reasonably good tires still mounted sell for around $200 at auction. Of course, since I bought a PI a while back and want a second set of rims, they're suddenly scarce.

There are several on eBay for about $120 each, including shipping.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
They show-up at municipal surplus auctions and scrapyards with some frequency, depending on location. I've seen full sets of surplus steelies with reasonably good tires still mounted sell for around $200 at auction. Of course, since I bought a PI a while back and want a second set of rims, they're suddenly scarce.

There are several on eBay for about $120 each, including shipping.
$120 would be a good price for the States where these wheels seem to be about 3X what they are here. I paid $88 each new from the dealer.

kobresia

Reaction score
City, State
Black Hawk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PI Utility
$120 would be a good price for the States where these wheels seem to be about 3X what they are here. I paid $88 each new from the dealer.
That's $120 or so for used OEM steelies, too. I know they're factoring in some for shipping, but $88 for new is a great price before shipping. Maybe you should get into the export biz.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
That's $120 or so for used OEM steelies, too. I know they're factoring in some for shipping, but $88 for new is a great price before shipping. Maybe you should get into the export biz.
A few members in the Detroit area actually came across the border and bought those wheels and took them back home.:)