Part number for the 3 bar map sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

SJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Philly Burbs, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Sport
Does anyone happen to have the ford part number for the 3 bar map sensor? I have the SCT Tuner, and want to add the MAP sensor as well, without having to pay a premium for it from Livernois or another tuning shop.

Thanks,
Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FORD 3 BAR MAP SENSOR FOR 3.5L ECOBOOST V6 ENGINES
Part Number: Ford-AA5Z-9F479-B

I think...

Anyone know if the 2018 Sport has a 3 bar sensor already?

Yep Peter, that is what I was seeing on Tasca's website too. That part replaces AA5Z-9F479-B, which as I understand is the 3 bar MAP sensor. I will have to check our new to us Explorer and see what the part number of the MAP sensor is currently. Thinking about tuning, but don't want to spend an extra $130 for a MAP sensor if I don't need to. :)

On the Taurus SHO, the 3 bar MAP is basically the stock TIP sensor. You just buy another TIP sensor and install that on the manifold, then copy the TIP sensor settings over to the MAP sensor settings in HPTuners or SCT Advantage. There's a motorcraft part # for the TIP sensor as well.

The sensor ending in "D" replaces the sensor ending in "B." I was told the sensor is the same, but Ford changed the part number and raised the price by 2.5X the original price (you could find the B sensor for about $55 before).

Go to Rockauto, they sell a generic 3rd party sensor that works perfectly fine.

CX2594 is the Tip sensor at the intercooler outlet just before TB

CX2228 is the stock MAP
The Tip sensor is 3 bar.

Hi all, I tried to update to the 3 bar today. Picked up an F150 sensor which seems not to be 3 bar but based on naming convention o thought it was just a different iteration.
AA5A-9F479–DB
CX-2401

can’t find anything to confirm what the rating is but with stock tune loaded the car would barely move and Had all sorts of driveline codes. With the performance tune loaded throttle seemed to react fine but still had driveline errors and made an awful clunk when moving from one gear to another. Not just your standard hard shifts after loading a tune.
Can anyone confirm that I need a different sensor?

Hi all, I tried to update to the 3 bar today. Picked up an F150 sensor which seems not to be 3 bar but based on naming convention o thought it was just a different iteration.
AA5A-9F479–DB
CX-2401

can’t find anything to confirm what the rating is but with stock tune loaded the car would barely move and Had all sorts of driveline codes. With the performance tune loaded throttle seemed to react fine but still had driveline errors and made an awful clunk when moving from one gear to another. Not just your standard hard shifts after loading a tune.
Can anyone confirm that I need a different sensor?

Just wanted to share that I’ve confirmed this is a 2.5bar sensor.

it's interesting, looking at the vehicle fitment its says explorer, flex and SHO 3.5l v6 gas. no mention of it fitting a F150. are we sure this is the 3 Bar?

it's interesting, looking at the vehicle fitment its says explorer, flex and SHO 3.5l v6 gas. no mention of it fitting a F150. are we sure this is the 3 Bar?

You want the TIP sensor which is 3-bar.
RockAuto has it
MOTORCRAFT CX2594 {#AA5Z9F479B, AA5Z9F479D, CX2231}

Remove your stock 2-bar MAP, replace it with the 3-bar TIP sensor, copy/paste the TIP settings into the MAP settings in your tune, flash ECU, and away you go for that extra few psi of boost.

You want the TIP sensor which is 3-bar.
RockAuto has it
MOTORCRAFT CX2594 {#AA5Z9F479B, AA5Z9F479D, CX2231}

Remove your stock 2-bar MAP, replace it with the 3-bar TIP sensor, copy/paste the TIP settings into the MAP settings in your tune, flash ECU, and away you go for that extra few psi of boost.
So i got this from rockauto uploaded my tune from GH (3bar map required)and bam got the wrench and was in what felt like limp mod. Put the oem map back on and uploaded a tune from 5 Star and all was good. Bad MAP or bad tune?

What did you buy from RockAuto? CX2594 / CX2231? Does it look like your TIP sensor?

Who is GH? Can they confirm their tune has the right MAP settings?

I'd link or post a pic but I don't see the option. My 3 Bar MAP has

AA5A-9F479-AB
G1UHF Germany
5WK9 6848 on the top of the TIP sensor

Again, look at your TIP sensor because that is the 3 bar MAP.

Does your GH tune work with the OEM MAP?

What did you buy from RockAuto? CX2594 / CX2231? Does it look like your TIP sensor?

AA5A-9F479-AB
G1UHF Germany

To link a post simply right-click on the post number and 'copy link address' and paste it into your post.

Petrr

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
Part #: CX2594

I got this from https://parts.ford.com

Your tune file should say 3bar somewhere in the map file for reference too I would assume. Not sure if you can see that on ur pc before uploading to the scanner. Thats how it works with the LMS tuner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AA5A-9F479-AB
G1UHF Germany

well you told me to get CX-2594. it looks exactly like the OEM MAP sensor
On the box It has CX-2594 and AA5Z-9F479-D as the part number. This one however iis made in china.
the part number on the actual part however says AA5A-9F479-AC and below that CVZXA

GH is gear head tuning. it won't work with the stock MAP. i loaded the tune i have from 5* which will only work on the stock MAP.
From GH Website

***3 BAR MAP SENSOR REQUIRED FOR ALL TRANSVERSE APPLICATIONS***​

getting rockauto to send me another one. Hopefully it works, if not i'll pull the codes and reach out to GH.

Back