Part Out 1999 Explorer Sport - very limited time before scrapping. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part Out 1999 Explorer Sport - very limited time before scrapping.

Part Out 1999 Explorer Sport - GONE/SCRAPPED - still have some parts

TRUCK IS GONE/SCRAPPED. SEE LAST POST FOR A FEW THINGS I STILL HAVE.

Parting out a 1999 Explorer Sport. 4.0-SOHC, AUTO, 4wd
Blown motor. High mileage (244k) Everything else looks pretty good.

Willing to ship small stuff. Willing to consider delivery for big stuff. I'm in northern NJ ( Passaic county, just below Sloatsburg, NY) I regularily travel to Morris/Sussex county, as well as Newark/Elizabeth. I occasionally go to the Union/Kenilworth area, and I have family in Toms River.

The truck will probably be off to scrap on 5/10. Let me know what you might want now, and I'll try to pull whatever I can, next week, before scrapping it, then get back to interested people.

Hunter green exterior, silver trim and bumpers. Interior is a dark charcoal grey. 16" oem aluminum wheels. FACTORY POWER SUNROOF!
IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, if the sunvisors have the homelink function, i will take them. thank you

i have a 96, if the steering wheel with cruise control buttons is clean and fits pm me a price to 10469

Hi, if the sunvisors have the homelink function, i will take them. thank you
How do I tell? Will it just say "homelink" on it somewhere? If it does have it, are there other desirable pieces of that system that I should save?

i have a 96, if the steering wheel with cruise control buttons is clean and fits pm me a price to 10469

You should do some research on your own, to determine if it will fit. I THINK all 2nd gen steering wheels should be the same, but its up to you to determine if it will work for you.
I will double check condition when I get a chance (the vehicle is 45min away from me), but I think it was good. Also, I don't think I can ship the airbag, so that would not be included; just wheel and buttons.

I would consider pulling the engine harness, for you guys doing a SOHC swap. ECM/GEM will also be available.

Also want to point out, this truck came w/o running boards, so for you guys removing them, I have the lower rocker trim (as well as the matching fender flares)

Homelink visors will have either if these button modules built into the visor. Note these are not pictures of actual Explorer visors, just generic pictures showing the buttons...

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Thanks for the info on the visors. I'll have to look at them and see.

How much for the vent shades shipped to 95691?

How much for the vent shades shipped to 95691?

$35, includes USPS parcel post.
I'm pretty sure they are the "in-channel" style, so I should be able to remove them w/o damage. I'll let you know when I start pulling things off next week.

Thanks.

Send me pics of the wheel and a price to 10469 please

Hey man! I live in Union. I got a list of parts that I need for my Explorer. Get ready though, it's a hefty list. hahah

-Cup holder for rear passengers (the cup holder on the floor connected to the center arm rest, usually under the rear A/C)
-Driver side door power Lock/unlock button
-Battery tray
-Washer fluid reservoir or hose leading to the rear wiper. The hose I need is around the wheel well of the front right wheel.(not the pump)
-Rear window wiper arm
-radio antenna
-rear left tail light
-driver seat reclining lever
-(Possibly the headlights if the screws are still good and if the housing is clear) Pics please?

Hey man! I live in Union. I got a list of parts that I need for my Explorer. Get ready though, it's a hefty list. hahah

-Cup holder for rear passengers (the cup holder on the floor connected to the center arm rest, usually under the rear A/C)
-Driver side door power Lock/unlock button
-Battery tray
-Washer fluid reservoir or hose leading to the rear wiper. The hose I need is around the wheel well of the front right wheel.(not the pump)
-Rear window wiper arm
-radio antenna
-rear left tail light
-driver seat reclining lever
-(Possibly the headlights if the screws are still good and if the housing is clear) Pics please?

I may be able to help you with all of that. Give me a few days to check on everything. I may go to the truck today and start pulling some parts. I have to say, the requests I'm getting are not the things I expected.

I have the tailight. They are both good. I would prefer to sell them as a pair, if possible.

Driver seat has bad upholstery/worn side bolster, so I'm fine with pulling pieces off it. I'll grab the lever when I'm there. I assume its just a small screw/bolt in the middle of the knob, holding it on?

I'll try to get the battery tray out. If I can't get this one out, I may have another one laying around somewhere.

I'm not sure if I want to pull the wiper arm. The entire rear gate is really nice. I would like to sell it whole, if someone wants it. Let me think about that one.

The headlights are ok, but not perfect. There is some clouding of the lens, but it is light enough that you could clean them up pretty good with one of those headlight restoration kits. I'll double check the screws/mounting hardware, and get a pic of both lenses. The turn signals/markers are clean/good, if anybody needs those.

Everything else should be no problem. Again, I'll double check, and get back to you.

Thanks.

I may be able to help you with all of that. Give me a few days to check on everything. I may go to the truck today and start pulling some parts. I have to say, the requests I'm getting are not the things I expected.

I have the tailight. They are both good. I would prefer to sell them as a pair, if possible.

Driver seat has bad upholstery/worn side bolster, so I'm fine with pulling pieces off it. I'll grab the lever when I'm there. I assume its just a small screw/bolt in the middle of the knob, holding it on?

I'll try to get the battery tray out. If I can't get this one out, I may have another one laying around somewhere.

I'm not sure if I want to pull the wiper arm. The entire rear gate is really nice. I would like to sell it whole, if someone wants it. Let me think about that one.

The headlights are ok, but not perfect. There is some clouding of the lens, but it is light enough that you could clean them up pretty good with one of those headlight restoration kits. I'll double check the screws/mounting hardware, and get a pic of both lenses. The turn signals/markers are clean/good, if anybody needs those.

Everything else should be no problem. Again, I'll double check, and get back to you.

Thanks.

I don't really need the right tail light though. Some ****** decided it would be fun to break the plastic covering the left tail light side marker, so I only need that tail light.

You're right about the reclining lever. It's just two bolts holding it to the seat. Pretty easy to get out once you get the plastic cover off. I bought the car with the lever snapped off, so I've been looking for a new one.

The wiper arm, I'm not really worried about as much as the other stuff on the list. There's just not as much pressure on the window. I think the spring is worn out.

If I could also get a few pics of the mounting hardware for the headlights, that would be great.

Thanks a bunch!

Also, my car didn't come with a tire iron. Would happen to have that too?

Also, my car didn't come with a tire iron. Would happen to have that too?

I'll look. I'll get back to you on Monday. It was a one owner truck, so I would guess there is a good chance its there.

EDIT: I am tentatively planning on being in Kenilworth early Friday afternoon.

I'll look. I'll get back to you on Monday. It was a one owner truck, so I would guess there is a good chance its there.

EDIT: I am tentatively planning on being in Kenilworth early Friday afternoon.

It's all right if we're not able to meet up soon, really. The parts aren't super important to me other than the battery tray since that one broke off in my car. Take your time though.

How's the console arm pad?

Can you send me a pic of the wheel and a price to 10469

Just a quick update: I didn't forget anybody. I just haven't had the time to get to the truck, as it is 45min-1hr away from me. I need some things off it for myself as well, so I need to get to it soon. I will let everyone know about their parts requests when I can get to the truck. It is almost certainly NOT getting scrapped this weekend, so don't worry about that. I MAY try to go there today, just to check on things, and get pics for people, but no parts will be pulled. It looks like Monday or Tuesday for that.

Also, can anyone tell me if the doors (specifically the driver's door) on this '99 will fit a '97 Sport? Someone, not on here, is looking for one. The Hollander interchange is saying that it is '95-'97 only, but I though all the 2nd gens had the same doors (4dr-4dr and 2dr-2dr of course)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know it's small but I need the two bolts that hold in the headlight switch.

Back