Part #/where to buy for coolant heater hose | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Part #/where to buy for coolant heater hose


Well-Known Member
August 2, 2009
Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 4.6L
2003 Mounty, V8, 4.6L, with rear heat and AC. I'm looking for a heater hose, but can't find a diagram or part number to be certain on ordering. I'd post a pic if I had one, but sorry.
There is a hose assembly running the coolant to the rear heater core. The hose I'm looking for is in the engine compartment, on the passenger side and runs parallel to the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. Coming from the intake manifold nipple there's a short hose going into a tee. (not this hose) From the tee, a short hose goes into the coolant bypass valve (not this hose). There is a long hose with a silver shroud that comes from the bottom of the tee, along the engine which connects down by the starter ( this is the hose I need). Also, the hoses connect to the tee by some sort of connector that I'm not familiar with. Can these be disconnected from the tee, or is it all one assembly? Any help in finding the part number as well as a place to buy/ order is appreciated.

Found it. Went to and finally narrowed it down. The part is 18472G with a callout description of heater hose from tee.