parts truck compatibility questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

parts truck compatibility questions

iLoveMyExploder

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT 4X4
current vehicle: 1993 explorer 4X4
parts truck: 1992 explorer 2WD

ok, so I don't know anything about 4X4 (or any car, really). I want to know about the compatibility of things on the 2 wheel drive parts truck that will also work on the 4 wheel drive truck, primarily the front end parts. i already know they have the same engine, and mostly the same transmission.

do they have the same wheel hubs, or does the 4X4 take something special? are the brake rotors, calipers, and pads interchangeable? what all on the front end will and will not work on the 4X4?

I ask this because before the parts truck got demoted, it just had new rotors, pads, etc put on it (less than 200 miles before being parked)... id like to know if I can still use these parts

thanks in advance for comments

I THINK that the brake parts and rotors will work, but I know the hubs are different. The suspension stuff will work, but the ttb is different. Most everything on the parts truck is interchangeable, again with the exception of the front drive components. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will chime in! Good luck with it!

TTB twin traction beam

Back