• Register Today It's free!

Partsgeek vs Rockauto

alohamonte

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer 4.0 4x4
I'm looking to buy a rack and pinion, and narrowed it down to either Partsgeek or Rockauto. I have never ordered anything from either company.

I'm sure people on here have tried both and can give some personal experience feedback.

I normally just buy from whoever is cheapest, but whenever there is a core charge involved, I like to know the place is reputable and has good customer service (so I get the core fee back).

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockauto

I have ordered RockAuto parts before and they seem to be rock solid. The shipping was fast and their customer service is great. I had to make a last minute change to my order after I already placed it, and they were prompt and didn't give me the run around or any BS. They support ExplorerForum too. Right now they have a 5% discount coupon you can use to check out. Sorry, I don't have any experience with PartsGeek.

RockAuto 5% Discount Code
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339729

I've used rockauto as well and have had absolutely great experiences with them. They have good prices and their shipping is fast.

i always use rockauto

RockAuto rocks:chug:

I've bought quite a few parts from Partsgeek.com for both my Explorer and Sonata. I've always received the right part and with quick shipping as well. I'm pretty sure they still offer flat rate shipping around $11.

Part prices lately seem to be a wash with either, shipping may be the difference. I think Partsgeek charges a higher core charge IIRC. I prefer Rock Auto because I like the online catalog better and we get a discount.

I am new to this forum and just now found out about rock auto and will have to try them.
I recently purchased a rear upper control arm passenger side from PARTSGEEK for $128/free shipping. That was the best price I could find. I had it in three days. So I cant complain about them.

Rockauto order monthly from them fast shipping great parts.

Rock Auto!

Go with Rock Auto if ordering online. I've done several orders with them and no problems yet. Fast shipping and they've not messed up an order for me yet.

I have only ordered form rockauto once, and didn't really like the shipping charges. I bought 3 different parts and all 3 shipped separately from 3 different locations. Shipping costs were more then if they had shipped together. Don't know if that is common or not for them to do, but have gone back since.

I have ordered from RockAuto a couple times. No problems.

Buy the rack locally, you have to pay to ship it back to receive your core charge back.

I agree, buy the rack at your local auto parts supplier. The price shoud be the same, and you'll save the shipping on the return.

With smaller parts, no core, rock auto is excellent.

Rockauto and their customer service has been top notch when I needed it. I had no issues with a warranty exchange when I needed it.

You do have to watch the shipping charges - sometimes a different brand of a part you need will come from the same place, so rearranging your order a bit can help.

Never done an item with a core charge though - remember to include your cost to ship the core back in the price! Then decide if its worth it or cheaper to buy local. It does happen, believe it or not...

Back