• Register Today It's free!

passenger door locks

Adams_got_a_96

Reaction score
City, State
Navarre, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
the back seat doors are both messed up on my 96. you cant open them from the inside but you can open them from the outside. Its like the child safety locks are locked into place but you can move that little tab any way you want it and the safety lock never comes off. Anyone have any ideas?

the back seat doors are both messed up on my 96. you cant open them from the inside but you can open them from the outside. Its like the child safety locks are locked into place but you can move that little tab any way you want it and the safety lock never comes off. Anyone have any ideas?

Most likely door rod that connects inside handle to latch mechanism has broken off on either the inside handle or the latch itself. Inside handle is an easy fix; latch not so much as access is very difficult.

Most likely door rod that connects inside handle to latch mechanism has broken off on either the inside handle or the latch itself. Inside handle is an easy fix; latch not so much as access is very difficult.

well I wouldnt know the first thing to do to fix it :/
Im still waiting for the morons at the shop to finish my ignition after it just sat in a tranny shop for two weeks. Im tempted to just blow my car up and go find another explorer :(

Back