• Register Today It's free!

Passenger door not locking

glsgwrngrs

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Has anyone had the problem of one of the doors not locking? Our passenger door can be opened anytime without the key being in close proximity. The alarm sounds but you still have access to the interior. All other doors are locked, even the lock knob is in the "locked" position.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone had the problem of one of the doors not locking? Our passenger door can be opened anytime without the key being in close proximity. The alarm sounds but you still have access to the interior. All other doors are locked, even the lock knob is in the "locked" position.
Time for a dealer visit.

Peter

Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same problem.

Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same problem.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I think the best you can hope for is a reply from another member. The starter of this thread hasn't been seen here since August 8, 2019.
I'm guessing that you have tried locking the doors with the keyfob, with the door's own lock switch and with the Securicode keypad?
One thing you might try is to disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes before reconnecting. Mind you, this will cause some saved memory settings to be deleted and no guaranty it will solve the issue.
Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I think the best you can hope for is a reply from another member. The starter of this thread hasn't been seen here since August 8, 2019.
I'm guessing that you have tried locking the doors with the keyfob, with the door's own lock switch and with the Securicode keypad?
One thing you might try is to disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes before reconnecting. Mind you, this will cause some saved memory settings to be deleted and no guaranty it will solve the issue.
Good luck.

Peter
Hi Peter, thanks for the info and welcome.

I’ve tried the key fob and lock switch inside the passenger door. Both will give the appearance as if the door is being locked because the knob moves as indicated by the original poster of this thread. But still the passenger door unlocks if someone pulls the handle from outside without the key fob being near the vehicle, then the alarm sounds.

I will try the Securicode and negative battery cable.

Hi Peter, thanks for the info and welcome.

I’ve tried the key fob and lock switch inside the passenger door. Both will give the appearance as if the door is being locked because the knob moves as indicated by the original poster of this thread. But still the passenger door unlocks if someone pulls the handle from outside without the key fob being near the vehicle, then the alarm sounds.

I will try the Securicode and negative battery cable.
Took car to dealer. Turned out to be the Latch Assembly. Luckily it was covered under the extended warranty.

Took car to dealer. Turned out to be the Latch Assembly. Luckily it was covered under the extended warranty.
Thanks for the update.

Peter

Back