• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Door Removal: HELP!

ExCon

Reaction score
City, State
TAMPA FLORIDA!!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EDDIE BAUER 5.0 LITE
I started to remove the front passenger door panel and parts are breaking off! How can I remove the panel and reinstall SAFELY?
PLEASE HELP!!

what breaking off?, is it the little push things that look like this |>>>>>>

or is it the part that they slide into you panel..

i usually just snap the bottom clips out then lift the panel upright and it should come right off

I dont even see where the plastic "push" gizmos are. Do I basically just pull upwards?

not upwards. this is how i took my door panels off. pop it loose by running fingers or screw driver but be carefull round the outside. its hard to pull it out kinda it will sounds like things are breaking but its the push things coming out. theafter its loose pull it upwards only to get the top lip out from the groove by the window and to get it out from the door lock push pin thing. then pull it out not up. some times the little push things fall off just find the little half circle thing in the panel and slide it back in. notice how the other will be in the panel.
to re install slip the top over the door lock and slide the top into groove. then take hand and go round the out side and lighty pound it so the little push things go back in the hole. shouldnt be too hard i have taken all of mine off twice and some of them a 3rd time. if u broke a push clip thing it wont matter the other 15 or so will hold it on lol. if i break alot of them your local ford dealer or parts store will pry have more. o also u will want to remove the two screws below the door handle beofre any pulling lol. not sure how the elctric windows and doors work mine are manual. in my case u unscrew the bolt holding the window hanlde on the crank. hope this helps.

Back