Passenger seat unsafe?

03ExplorerSPT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Quincy, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT Premium
Ok while out driving today, I was following this long line of cars. I was following this company's F-150 when all the sudden everyone slams on their brakes. I hit mine as well and stopped well short of the F-150. I did almost get rearended by a 2003 Chevy Silverado since the woman driving wasn't paying attention. :rolleyes: Luckily I didn't get hit though. Anyway to the point in my post. When I hit the brakes hard, the passenger seat slid on its tracks almost all the way up to it's closest position to the airbag. I'm really glad no one was sitting there. I'm hoping that the seat wasn't fully in its detent and that this doesn't happen again. I'm going to test it out this weekend. If it does it again it's going straight to the dealership. Has anyone else had this happen in their Sport or 4-door with manual passenger seat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It probably just wasn't fully locked. The seats in my 95 have never done that.

Originally posted by JL 3x12 Xplorer
It probably just wasn't fully locked. The seats in my 95 have never done that.
Agreed. My seat have never done that either, and I have a "00 Sport.

my pass seat rattles like crazy at freeway speed. they just had a recall on the drivers side seat. i wouldnt be suprised if the pass seat was faulty as well

The recall was for the driver's side bolt that keeps the back up I thought. My problem has nothing to do with the seat backs.

Back