• Register Today It's free!

Passenger seat vibration/wobble

Jkrp

Reaction score
City, State
River Ridge, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Anyone experience a movement in the passenger seat at Hwy speeds when there is no passenger? Dealer told me its normal. I have never experienced this in any other vehicle I have owned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think a slight vibration could be considered normal since it would be picking up any vibrations from the vehicle itself. Do you notice and vibration in the vehicle when driving? If not, I doubt there is anything to worry about.

Peter

I have the same issue drives me nuts definitely doesn't seem normal

My new 2017 Sport has a squeak from the passenger seat over certain portions of the road. I haven't it taken it back to be addressed yet

my 17 does that. I ran my hand in the back pocket and motivated the back of the seat to be quiet. It actually stopped it for a few weeks. But it's back now and that's not helping. I might fold up a shirt and stick it in the pocket to see if that helps.

Mines will only do it when there isn't anyone sitting in the seat

my 17 does that. I ran my hand in the back pocket and motivated the back of the seat to be quiet. It actually stopped it for a few weeks. But it's back now and that's not helping. I might fold up a shirt and stick it in the pocket to see if that helps.
You say your "17 does that" but your profile shows 2013. Do you have both? If not, please update with year and trim (Base, XLT, etc.). If you have both, please add one to a signature so we know what you have. Thanks.
Usually when the seat constantly vibrates it is an indication that something isn't quite right, like balance or alignment assuming the seat itself isn't lose. It is normally caused by picking up vibrations from the body itself. The passenger seat in my 2017 doesn't vibrate at all even though I'm running Winter tires.

Peter

Any of you tried adjusting the seat by reclining it more ect...?

Back