pats anti-theft system, HELP ME!!!!!!!! PLEASE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pats anti-theft system, HELP ME!!!!!!!! PLEASE

EMS Truth Seeker

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, Ut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bower
Hi everybody. My name is Eric Smith
My Girl friend needs this 1999 Explorer to start college and I lost the only key. I have replaced the ignition and key, used, both from the same vehicle as well as the key transponder component.
It turns over, I got the fuel pump going, and it has spark. It will start if I put fuel in the intake. I think this tells me that the pats system has stopped the EFI from injecting fuel. Can anyone out there in Explorer Land tell me, first, if I am right, and if so, where to locate the EFI control module or how to trick the PATS system into turning it on without spending $300 at the dealer for new keys to be programed?
Somebody help me!!!!!
Thanks Guys, Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I wish I had good cheap news for you. Unfortunately, any "fix" will be expensive. Tampering with the system will only cause more problems.

Your choices are

1-Locksmith
2-dealership
3-handheld tuning device to eliminate the pats function.

Good luck.

My Girl friend needs this 1999 Explorer to start college and I lost the only key. I have replaced the ignition and key, used, both from the same vehicle as well as the key transponder component.
It turns over, I got the fuel pump going, and it has spark. It will start if I put fuel in the intake. I think this tells me that the pats system has stopped the EFI from injecting fuel. Can anyone out there in Explorer Land tell me, first, if I am right, and if so, where to locate the EFI control module or how to trick the PATS system into turning it on without spending $300 at the dealer for new keys to be programed?
Somebody help me!!!!!
Thanks Guys, Eric

Somebody help me!!!!!
Thanks Guys, Eric
So maybe you could look at this link

Well, I wish I had good cheap news for you. Unfortunately, any "fix" will be expensive. Tampering with the system will only cause more problems.

Your choices are

1-Locksmith
2-dealership
3-handheld tuning device to eliminate the pats function.

Good luck.
Ill add Forscan with a elm 327

Back