Pax side dash melting | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Pax side dash melting

Avonedwins

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
the passenger side dash above the airbag seems to be melting in my 08 XLT. It's only the area above the airbag. The rest of the dash is perfect. Fibers from cleaning cloth gets stuck in it and looks wet but is just sticky.

Anyone else have this? What have you done? Is this a manufacture defect ford may cover?

Thanks in advance.
-George

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

07EddyB

Reaction score
City, State
Bowling Green, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8
When I saw your subject line I thought you were crazy. After reading your post though, it reminds me of the last time I cleaned my dash and that exact area seemed 'sticky'. At the time I was in a hurry and didn't investigate - just assumed something had gotten on there but that's unlikely. I'll have to investigate further but I guess it's possible that it's getting too hot.

<

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Ford will not take any responsibility for defects on a 2008, unless it's part of a recall.

<

<

Scorpion8

Reaction score
City, State
SouthEast Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Not on my 2006. I'd pull the airbag and see if it's scorched from overheating.

<

GeorgeH

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT 4WD 4.6 V-8
Nah, Its not "melting" as from heat - its just sticky as if its outgassing or something. Mine anyway.

Not discolored or deformed, just sticky

<