PCM tuning options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PCM tuning options

What’s out there these days for stock 5.0 PCM tuning options? I have an old SCT X3 with tunes from Henson Performance but I believe those are as good as useless now since he is no longer doing tuning? I would like the option of being able to do my own tweaking but still use a software that has support and could get professional help with, possibly a “base tune” for a given configuration. Any recommendations or shared experiences would be great. I am possibly looking at a boosted application down the road. I have seen Tweecer mentioned but I don’t know anything about it.

give don a email or call at LaSota Racing Technologies

he has done my truck, as well as a few others here. he is very knowable and patient when it comes to explaining as well as trouble shooting. he can either do data log tuning for you, or you can get a pro racer package (sct) which allows you to do your own tuning as well

X2 on lasota he turned my 99 for a supercharger great guy and he offers everything in your post

I am pretty sure he offered a base tune with the pro racer package when I called him

Here is a link to my build. Supercharger install

Ok, Lasota sounds like a no brainer then. Paying for an experienced tuner is something I do consider worthwhile because it can cost you a whole lot of money if the engine melts from a crap tune. I am planning to keep the bottom end stock, maybe cam/heads, but most likely a supercharger of some kind. I have TM headers and a cam now. Whatever I end up with I want to be low complication “get in and drive” reliability. I am not sure what power level will result from that but I am sure it will be more enjoyable to drive than a stock 5.0.

:usa::usa::usa::usa:

Back