PCV location, 2008 Ford X, 4.0 Eddie B | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PCV location, 2008 Ford X, 4.0 Eddie B

08EddieCA

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 & 03 X (Eddie B & XLS)
Hello,
I'm getting conflicting info from two dealers. I can't locate the PCV. I believe it to be behind the intake manifold on the driver's side.

Can someone confirm?

Once I get the confirmation I can finish my tuneup.

Many thanks.

The service writer at Circle Imports pointed to an area of the engine I'm 100% sure is not the PCV. It should be on the intake manifold.

The valve should be on the backside of drivers side valve cover near the firewall. The pcv hose then should go to the intake.

^ Ditto. You have the heated PCV valve with the electrical connector vs. coolant tube type. Very tight access on my ST's 4.0 SOHC. However, both PCV valves use the same type of locking "tabs" that are very easy to break inside the plastic valve cover. Just a heads up, line up and turn a quarter turn clockwise just until it stops and seals against the o-ring. If over tightened, you may have to use RTV sealant like me, or replace the valve cover. GL

For third gen 4.0 SOHC, but should be similar.
How to change your 2005 V6's PCV Valve | Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcv-valve.435785/#post-3474534

Click info for close-up pics.
2008 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L V6 PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation)

Back