• Register Today It's free!

Pcv valve

Davies0202

Reaction score
City, State
Blandon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer 4.6
2002 mountaineer 4.6 I have a bad pcv valve I know it is but I cannot for the life of me find the exact oem replacement online all the places (rockauto, autozone, advanced auto, 1aauto, etc) do not have it they have the cheap fram ones or a twist in one? But I know for a fact mine is the push in so I’m not even sure there’s a way to make the twist in one fit and I also don’t want to use fram if I don’t have to as it’s a pretty important part

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post a picture I'll find your part number

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 220

EDIT YOUR EXACT PART NUMBER Motorcraft EV68 EV140
and just the valve is motorcraft EV225

Now I'm sure there's some aftermarket units available that didn't work out well for me
Tip clean the old one with break clean and see if it jiggles freely reinstall it and call it a day

My Explorer is an early build 2002, 4.6L. The PCV valve is on the passenger side valve cover. I had the same problems finding the part so I went to the dealer. The PCV valve comes with the rubber tube connector and a metal tube that goes to the center of the engine where it connects to a 90 degree rubber tube -- and on mine, that tube was cracked which is why I replaced it. The receipt, from the dealer, the part number is F6ZZ-6C324-A. The description says "Connect 369768". Price was $40 incl tax, dated July 2019. It all comes as one unit. :)

My Explorer is an early build 2002, 4.6L. The PCV valve is on the passenger side valve cover. I had the same problems finding the part so I went to the dealer. The PCV valve comes with the rubber tube connector and a metal tube that goes to the center of the engine where it connects to a 90 degree rubber tube -- and on mine, that tube was cracked which is why I replaced it. The receipt, from the dealer, the part number is F6ZZ-6C324-A. The description says "Connect 369768". Price was $40 incl tax, dated July 2019. It all comes as one unit. :)
Thank you all and yeah I had the same issue I replaced all the hoses and noticed oil seeping around the valve also rattles weird so I cleaned it for now until I can replace but it whistles and sucks up a bunch of oil so it needs to go

Could a bad PCV cause rough idle, but no CEL? At idle, I think I have a misfire but never get a CEL.

Could a bad PCV cause rough idle, but no CEL? At idle, I think I have a misfire but never get a CEL.
100% I got the replacement in today it used to shake pretty decently bad at idle almost like a shudder every 3 seconds like it was shivering now it’s perfect, the whistle has also went away completely. Also even if it isn’t the issue and you’ve never done it i got mine for $5 so cant hurt.

Also if you replace it make sure you unplug the battery and reset the pcm so it relearns its idle cause with the bad valve it will try to adapt to make do with what it has

100% I got the replacement in today it used to shake pretty decently bad at idle almost like a shudder every 3 seconds like it was shivering now it’s perfect, the whistle has also went away completely. Also even if it isn’t the issue and you’ve never done it i got mine for $5 so cant hurt.

4.6? If so, do you have the part number? There were three listed above, I just want to order the correct one. Thank you!

Look at yours and compare
Then order

4.6? If so, do you have the part number? There were three listed above, I just want to order the correct one. Thank you!
Mine was the first one the ev68c but it’s definitely worth the few minutes to pull the old valve and confirm because my family’s 02 f150 does not use the same valve yet it’s the same engine so I’d definitely double check yours just in case different plants used different valves or something like that. I have no clue I just don’t want to steer you in the wrong direction so best way is just to check like Donalds said above

No worries. The easy solution sometimes evades us and at 1115 at night, it certainly did. I'm going to look at mine today and see if there's any part number on it.

Went out to check, no visible part number. But I have another question - and I feel kinda dumb - how the hell do I remove it? Twist clockwise? Pull really hard? The last one I dealt with, it was just a push in. Nothing fancy like this :)

Attachments

• 20201003_140041.jpg
    20201003_140041.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 164

Advance Auto says it doesn't fit an 03 though?

And still need to get the old one removed. I'll be damned if I can get it to budge.
Check rock auto they have ones that look exactly like that also good thing you checked lol mine looks nothing like that mines small black and pops in. You said yours was an 02 aswell? Weird mine is aswell and they use different valves

Went out to check, no visible part number. But I have another question - and I feel kinda dumb - how the hell do I remove it? Twist clockwise? Pull really hard? The last one I dealt with, it was just a push in. Nothing fancy like this :)
Also it should twist out be careful though I heard the threads are very fragile on the 4.0 valve cover not sure about the 4.6 but I’m sure it can’t be much better

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back