PDF Tranny Manuals | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PDF Tranny Manuals

The link didn't work when I clicked it. The program that I use is BitTorrent++ V.0.5.4. It doesn't have a way of creating a torrent from what I see. I'm interested in any PDF that you might have. Do you have the Mitchell Transmission Manual?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hah! That is about the most rudimentary BT client I've seen past Bram's original BT client! Quit wasting your time with that POS. Go HERE and get Micro-Torrent. Install that, then try my link again.
BT++ has no support for magnet links, because it is too old...the most recent client is from 2003!
Mitchell Transmission Manual coming right up.....

The program downloaded from the link, and the link for the PDF shows up in the program, but it's not downloading since there is no seed for it. Is the program on your computer or some remote server? Maybe the server is currently down? How did you get these PDF manuals?

I see you on my leecher list. Do you have uTorrent correctly configured? I got the files through Gnutella, but until you grasp torrent sharing well enough, Gnutella will be just a tad out of your league....To set it up and configure it properly takes a fair measure of skill and a lot of patience.
I will go ahead and publish a full-fledged torrent file, which will make it a little easier on your torrent client. Still, is there anything but a green check mark on the bottom center of the main window? If it's a yellow exclamation point, that means you have no incoming connections.

How do you connect to the internet (Cable, DSL, Dial-up with or without a router), and what Operating System do you use?

Okay, first, open utorrent.
Then Click options, then in the drop-down click preferences.
Then click connection; be sure that "Enable UPnP Port Mapping", "Randomize Port at Each Start", "Enable NAT-PMP Port Mapping" and "Add Windows Firewall Exceptions" are all checked.
Click okay, and give the okay to any OS pop-ups about firewall or security. Give it ten minutes and see if you get a green check mark.

No.

Check your firewall exceptions in windows. This is reached though the control panel. Be sure that utorrent has one or two exceptions in there.

If so, we will need to set your router to enable upnp port mapping.

Once we get your connection straightened out, I will walk you through torrent creation (quite easy) and publication (slightly involved)..

Ahh....excellent. Don't mean to treat you like a knoob, but as a computer technician I run across individuals every day with varying levels of computer usage skills. I merely assumed that if you were having trouble with torrents, you may not know about routers and firewalls, UPnP, etc.
Do you have any other torrents running?
While you're in your router, be sure NAT is enabled as well.....

No other torrents are running. Everybody is new to something at one time in their life. What else do you suggest that I try? In the set up guide, the bandwidth test has a red X, and the network test has a yellow check with a black * inside of it. It shows 3 peers in my list. There might be another person downloading your PDF? Update: It dropped back to 2 peers, and it looks like it's working. It says that the program is 117 MB. The download speed is very slow (0.3 kb/s). My icon is still yellow, and not green.

I just fixed it a little from my end....how's your speed now?

I popped the U/L cap off my end, and updated the tracker list.

Now, to create a torrent, we need to know if it will be for just one file, or more than one file....which is it?

Okay; open utorrent.
Under "File", select "Create New Torrent...."
In the dialogue, select "Add File".
Navigate to your file location and select it.
In the "trackers" pane, paste the folowing:

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

Make sure piece size is on "auto detect" and "start seeding" is checked.
Click "create and save as", select a location and type a name for the torrent which can be anything, but Ideally it is not too long and it is NOT EXACTLY the same as the filename of the file you are sharing. If it is, the torrent will still work, but will be difficult for your D/L'ers to deal with. A good example in your case would be "FILENAME.ISO.by.BB.torrent"
That way, your D/L'ers can readily ID your file in their transfer list, the filename of the .torrent file is not TOO long, and there is a way to differentiate YOUR release from someone else's.

Once you have the torrent, I advise you to leave it seeding as much as possible for as long as possible. This is so the trackers have time to pick up your torrent and Google has time to index it.
Public trackers are falling out of favor lately, mainly because greedy a$$holes in the content creation/distribution industry are clamping down on file sharing sites with money, now that they couldn't do it with the law.

Once you have the torrent seeding, right-click the file in the transfer window and select "copy magnet URI".

Paste that as a link to any site or forum and it will be available to anyone just as my file was available to you.

And if you'd rather e-mail the .torrent file to someone, simply form it as an attachment to that e-mail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes.
There are a few options:
1. Send the .torrent file as an attachment to an e-mail;
2. Use a social networking client (AIM, MSN IM, MySpace IM, ICQ, Trillian, Etc.) to send the .torrent file to another user of that client;
3. Use a RapidShare account to host the .torrent file for cross-linking to forums or e-mails;
4. Post the copied-from-Notepad text and code of the .torrent file to a forum, with instructions to copy the text and code to a Notepad window and save that as a .torrent file, and open the result in the torrent client.
Note: that last option is kind of silly, because the post would be LONG......lol.

Back