pepboys xenons | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pepboys xenons

Hey i just bought 2 pairs of super white xenons (blue) from pepboys. They are A1 i believe. They weren't to cheap either :( I just want to make sure that my X can handle the wattage. It says actual wattage 100/80 watts and xenon equivalent brilliance = 130 watts operating at 4000 degrees kelvin. I also see it says for offroad use only. Anyone in NY running xenons like these ever get pulled over? Which other auto stores like pepboys would have xenons that are legal then i guess. I would like to put these on but i don't wanna get pulled over/ blow out my HID.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont waste your $$ on those.. go buy some real lights.. buy some piaa's

mike

This is a quote from Alec in another thread:
There are some inexpensive "xenon" bulbs made by GE that are DOT legal. They're like $12 at Wallyworld.

You don't need the super expensive bulbs to have good lights.

Robb

...and higher wattage bulbs in stock housings can = melted housings and fried wires. :nono:

Your wiring may not be up to 80 watts. I think it would take it but I'm not sure. So beware.
I have a high power light harness and run 80/100 watt bulbs. The housings are not effected by the higher watts but the stock wiring may be.

have you guys tried any of the ones by sylvania? The cool blue seem cool or the silverstar ones.

its been discussed a lot here... the cool blues are nice and the silverstars are the ultra in legal whiteness

don't try the bulbs
i had them in my 92 , i didn't change any of the wiring harness or anything i just threw the bulbs in , they worked great for a while, then i blew my headlight switch.

go with silverstars, they are well worth the money

or a bit cheaper "Pilot Super-Whites"

am i an idiot? I bought the cool blues part # 9007. I was sure that was the one for my explorer. But how do i get them in? The bulbs are attached to a power source thingy or something (sorry i don't know this stuff) I can't just but the bulbs in lol.

Back