Perelli Scorp's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Perelli Scorp's

Do Perelli Scorpions suck? They are $20/tire cheaper that the ATko's right now @ my local Sears for 31x10.5 15's...Any responses welcome.

Thanks.

------------------
93 Sport 4X4, 150k Mi, Llumar Metallic Tinted Windows, GTS Taillight Covers, Sony CD and Boston Acoustics drivers
Bosch +4's. Modified Airbox, Allied 8.5mm wires (Splitfire wires on order)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A couple of months ago I purchased a set of Scorpion A/T. I may have put 1500 miles on them. So far I really like these tires. The week I put them on, I went to the snow. They performed wonderfully on snowy and icy roads. In fact, I thought the treads cleaned themselves better than my othe BFG A/T, not KO's.

On the street, I think they are quieter than BFG. When making turns at 20 - 25 mph, you can hear the shoulder blocks biting the street (hum). If you really pay attention, you can actually feel alittle vibration on startup from the blocks hitting the ground, kind of like mudders. I think it's cool.

As for wear, I really can't tell you yet. I'll let you know...

A friend of mine has the Pirelli Scorpion A/T on his fulsize bronco (33x12.5x15) and they are a great tire. He lives in Grand Junction, CO and does alot of commuting between here and there and sofar they have held up really well. He seems to be really pleased with them.

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
To see some pics and to get a full list
of mods I have made to my explorer check out:
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Thanks for the information guys. Any other responses are more than welcome!

T

------------------
93 Sport 4X4, 150k Mi, Llumar Metallic Tinted Windows, GTS Taillight Covers, Sony CD and Boston Acoustics drivers
Bosch +4's. Modified Airbox, Allied 8.5mm wires (Splitfire wires on order)

Hey,
I've owned almost every type of tire (except super swampers) on the market, and I'm extremely impressed with the Scorpion A/T's. I drove to Alaska and back to Maine on the BFG's All Terrain's (60K in a year)and the BFG's wear well and are a tough tire, but...after switching to the Scorpion's, I was amazed. Both tires have a 3ply sidewall, resulting in great stregnth, but I feel the Scorpion's outperform the BFG's hands down, in rain, sand, mud, snow, on road or off, these tires in my mind are the way to go. Now if Pirelli would make them in a 33x10.50x15, i'd be set.

Bump*
I just got some Scorpions.
They are on the Cobera R's X-24 sold to me.

Just resurecting this old thread to see what new thoughts people have.

Mom has Perelli P4000 on her Benz they handle very well not sure how much she paid tho. very nice looking low profile tire tho.

Oh they are georgous, espicially wraped around my Cobera R's :D

Back