Perf Board? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Perf Board?

I am planning on wiring up my LEDs tomorrow for under dash and under seats, But I am having a killer time finding Perf Board thats long enough
All the ones I find are weird shapes
The biggest I can find at my Radio Shack is 8 inches by 5 inches
not quite ideal for a strip of it.

Can I cut perf Board and wire 2 together to make it longer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

radio shack sells one that 6"x6" or 8"x8" and i cut them in strips with a box knife. as long as you grind the tips off the leds you wont need the whole board that wide.

mine are only like 6" long and heres how it looks
img5086yf0.jpg

i cut the tips of mine off with dikes to give it a WIDE angle instead of a spot type

i use dikes or you can "grind" off the tip with a grinder, dremel, nail filer or filer, then use clear finger nail polish to make the "haze" go away

i use dikes or you can "grind" off the tip with a grinder, dremel, nail filer or filer, then use clear finger nail polish to make the "haze" go away

this might be a stupid question but what are dikes? never heard of that in reference to "cutting" something.

what are dikes?

Standard Wire Side Cutters, sort of a tapered head with a slight point !

shortstack / Toast,

Thanks for the method of reducing the size of the Diodes.

Did you leave them flat and does this change the pattern any ?

Just as an FYI for anyone doing this type of work. You may want to look at Newark Electronics or Mouser Electronics for your parts if you can't get them locally. They have a tremendous variety of parts and are very reliable companies (we use them both at work on a regular basis).

Back