• Register Today It's free!

Perform a vacuum test

tribal599

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Shore, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer
Hello. I have a 99 mountaineer 5.0. To perform this test where at intake manifold or in the vicinity can I connect a gauge to a vacuum hose. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put mine on the power brake booster hose

You can use any line, in fact I tested all of mine to be sure I didn't get any bad readings. My brake booster line was very shaky on my gauge when I tested mine there. In fact I would appreciate if you posted up if yours was shaky too or not. I have a feeling I may have a leak on mine on that line because you should get a steady reading.

You can use any line, in fact I tested all of mine to be sure I didn't get any bad readings. My brake booster line was very shaky on my gauge when I tested mine there. In fact I would appreciate if you posted up if yours was shaky too or not. I have a feeling I may have a leak on mine on that line because you should get a steady reading.

I tried it using the brake power booster. here is the video I posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSrcaTJswo

Back