Performance Accesories body Lift?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Accesories body Lift??????

RVO27

Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Mazda Navajo
I was wondering what is involved with installing body lift kits, and are there any mods you must do to install one. I.E. steering. Also are they're any set backs to using a body lift. I won't use the truck for hard core off roading but would like the lift to put a little larger tires as well as for doing some beach and sand dune off roading. Thanks for the info.

Randy
RVO27
rvanorsdel@bigfoot.com:bounce: :bounce:

get a suspension lift, you will be happy you did.....

I dont know whats involved. Mine had one when I bought it. I wouldnt have it any other way though.:bounce:

Actually the body lift is the easiest lift to put on. It should take you no longer than a Saturday to do it all. If you do it on your '94, i'm pretty sure they have a bolt-on for your application. The hardest part is when you actually lift the body, you just have to keep an eye on cable's, wires, and hoses to make sure there is no binding, stretching, or any hoses getting in the way of any belts. There is all kinds of threads on here about the body lift, just do the search and you will find all kinds of nice info to make your install easier. I had to retrofit a Ranger kit on mine since they dont make one for my year and from start to finish, it took one day with the exception of the bumber bracket that I had to fabricate with many tries and retries. Good luck.

Back