• Register Today It's free!

performance accessories body lift

breanne

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac xlt 4x4
Im looking into getting a body lift for my 03 spor trac. Performance Accessories only offers a 01-02 3" body lift. Would this work for mine? I cant see them being completely different since its only a year older but before purchasing it i just wanna make sure it will fit without any major modifications. If anyone can help that would be great, Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, that's exactly what you need. Doing it yourself? There's lots of good info about doing this job and lots of helpful members if you get stuck.

Yes that is the kit to get. It comes with the bumper relocation brackets (mounts).

It can be done alone, but it would be much easier with a helper. Many others will chime in with good advice. Best advice I got was to use a torch, until mount starts to smoke. They came apart doing it that way. Thanks Big Green for that adivce !

Yup, that's exactly what you need. Doing it yourself? There's lots of good info about doing this job and lots of helpful members if you get stuck.
okay great thanks! i just wasnt to sure and didnt want to spend $420 on something that wont work. Im not installing it , my boyfriend will be since hes a mechanic. The shop im getting the lift from wants atleast $1000 to install ( no way im paying that much). And yes ive been reading up alot but i couldnt seem to find the thread where this was answered.

If we do get stuck while installing it ill definitely ask members who've been this to their sport trac

Thanks!

Yes that is the kit to get. It comes with the bumper relocation brackets (mounts).

It can be done alone, but it would be much easier with a helper. Many others will chime in with good advice. Best advice I got was to use a torch, until mount starts to smoke. They came apart doing it that way. Thanks Big Green for that adivce !
Well to be honest, my boyfriend will probably be the one mostly doing it since he obviously has more experience since hes the mechanic lol the kit comes with everything i need right? or will i run into anything where ill need to buy somethng else to make this work?

$400 is to much. I got mine for $275 online. I can get the name tonight if you want.

You will need nothing else. Well I did buy two small hose clamps for fuel filler hose as mine had the one time clamps on them.

$400 is to much. I got mine for $275 online. I can get the name tonight if you want.

You will need nothing else. Well I did buy two small hose clamps for fuel filler hose as mine had the one time clamps on them.

I only checked with one place today, its hard to find decent shops around here that dont over charge. Is yours a performance accessories lift ?

PA (performance accessories) is the only known manufacturer of a Sport Trac body lift. And for future knowledge, the 2001-2005 are almost identical plus minus a few things here and there. As far as the body and frame goes its the same.

I basically stole mine! Got a heads up on here about a Craigslist add selling an unused kit for $75. Waiting for school to let out to install it myself. All the shops around me wanted $400-$600 to install it!

PA (performance accessories) is the only known manufacturer of a Sport Trac body lift. And for future knowledge, the 2001-2005 are almost identical plus minus a few things here and there. As far as the body and frame goes its the same.

I basically stole mine! Got a heads up on here about a Craigslist add selling an unused kit for $75. Waiting for school to let out to install it myself. All the shops around me wanted $400-$600 to install it!

See thats what i thought but when i seen the lift only showing 01-02 i wasnt to sure so i thought id double check. The local shop wanted $400 but right now on Kijiji theres one for $300 brand new which i might take a look at. Amazon.com has it for $250 new but i would have to get it shipped to USApembina boarder and drive about 2 hours to get it so i might get the one off kijiji and save the gas

you'll find lots of places only list 1 model year or have inaccurate dates, thats because most people who keep store inventory up to date are lazy :D

you'll find lots of places only list 1 model year or have inaccurate dates, thats because most people who keep store inventory up to date are lazy :D

Haha clearly! They don't make it easy for new people like me

I think that's the only years PA verified fit on and they don't want to advertise it for other years they haven't tested themselves and be liable for any inaccuracies.

It seems most people are finding them around the $250-$300 range. I got mine new off of Craigslist for $80.

I think that's the only years PA verified fit on and they don't want to advertise it for other years they haven't tested themselves and be liable for any inaccuracies.

It seems most people are finding them around the $250-$300 range. I got mine new off of Craigslist for $80.

Wow what a steal of a deal!! People where I live are to cheap to sell stuff that cheap. Everyone wants a deal but when it comes to selling it everyone wants top dollar.

Yeah that's the reason for it. When I was installing mine I called PA about a question when I was working on the bumper and they didn't even want to tell me anything because the only years they verified it were 01-02. But when you type in sport trac body lift into google there's plenty of places that sell it for that $250 range

I can only say when I read the instructions it made it seam so much more confusing than it was only had to look at instructions a few time as the bolts for the body are different length and to do the front bumper. I bought a electric fan set up for 35.00 and didn't have to mess with the shroud.

I can only say when I read the instructions it made it seam so much more confusing than it was only had to look at instructions a few time as the bolts for the body are different length and to do the front bumper. I bought a electric fan set up for 35.00 and didn't have to mess with the shroud.

where did you purchase yours? The guy on kijiji isnt sure he wants tosell it now and he says its 3 years old. I just think itll be easier buying new but the shops here want $400 for it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back