Performance Parts for 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport (found these...) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Parts for 2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport (found these...)

Todd82TA

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 4x2
Ok, this is what I've come up with so far:

$ 359.95 Stainless Headers - JBA Headers 1674S-1 - JBA Headers Cat4ward Headers

$ 354.95 Primary-Cats - MagnaFlow 93105 - MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters

$ 239.95 Secondary-Cats - MagnaFlow 93104 - MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters

$ 275.95 Intake System - Volant 19440 - Volant Cool Air Intake Systems

$1230.80 Total Cost

I've done pretty much similar things on my other cars, and I've noticed a pretty decent performance.

I guess this 4 liter has 210hp, correct? What kind of horsepower could I expect from these upgrades?

Thanks!

Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

i guess you were on explorerexpress i have the headers and the macs exhaust and volant air intake as far as hp gains i dont know but my 01 ex sport sounds nasty on the street and plenty of power (although it had plent of power before the upgrades ) i upgraded because i had my motor out did an 04 explorer motor swap damn timing chain tensioners were driving me crazy

i guess you were on explorerexpress i have the headers and the macs exhaust and volant air intake as far as hp gains i dont know but my 01 ex sport sounds nasty on the street and plenty of power (although it had plent of power before the upgrades ) i upgraded because i had my motor out did an 04 explorer motor swap damn timing chain tensioners were driving me crazy

Yeah, I actually just did a search on Summit Racing for this car, and this stuff all came up for it.

What motor did you end up putting in there? Was it another 4.0?

I assume a 4.6 can fit in here without any problems, and I know that the 5.8 has identical mounting locations as the 4.6, so could you technically easily put a 5.8 in the Explorer?

I've got a 4.6 in my Crown Vic, and that's eventually my plan, but my car has ~40k miles on it, so that'll probably be MANY MANY years from now...

Back