• Register Today It's free!

~ Performance Parts ~

mr.jay

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca. (916)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer V8 5.0L
Okayyyy, so my 5.0L explorer isnt popular because its an explorer, its popular because its a 5.0! Ive been told that performance chips will give me an additional 40hp, and that a 2.5 psi charger would increse it by another 30hp, and blah-blah-blah the list goes on. HOWEVER! Im not able to find the best or appropriate web site that sells the EXACT fitting parts for my 5.0L. Does anyone know of a GREAT site for 5.0 performance?? Has anyone been able to but 100+hp on thier block without touching the internals??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many miles are on it?
I know jegs sells a vortech kit for 5.0 mustangs but i'm not sure if any of their kits will just bolt right up to an explorer 5.0. And at about $1900 i wouldn't take the risk of a kit that doesn't just bolt on.
Most of the turbo and supercharger installs add about 100 hp and torque.
I'm very curious as to what chip will increase hp by 40??

parts that i know will work:
torque monster headers (expensive at about $800)
k and n intake
mac air intake
Jet performance chips for engine and also chips for transmission

for exhaust:
custom seems to be the only way you can go

i went with a cherry bomb vortex welded to the flange from the old muffler with turn downs right after that (not sure if it's street legal)
then you could get a u-fit kit from jegs for $200

don't buy the muffler and tail pipe kit that only has single outlet as they are way over priced and very restrictive

all in all performance part additions are all almost custom work

For $1,900, i could rebuild and swap out this motor for a chevy 350. Im looking for LOGICAL upgrades not POINTLESS. The super charger i was refering to was electric.

Then no, I'd drop in a Chevy 350.

For $1,900, i could rebuild and swap out this motor for a chevy 350. Im looking for LOGICAL upgrades not POINTLESS. The super charger i was refering to was electric.

Id like to see that done for 1900.00

lol

i would never take out a 5.0 and put in a 350. thats just non sense. there r enough performance parts for the infamous 5.0 302 thats its ridiculous. stick with the 302 and get an intake and a full exhaust and u will be more than happy

I think you need to do that $99 electric turbonator supercharger thingy, add a Tornado (to add about 10 mpg) and then score a couple of those eBay chips for good measure. :cool:

those ebay chips r a joke. there is a reason y it only costs $30 for 50 extra horsepower and extra 20% gas mileage.dont be fooled. i bought one of these for my car and never saw any improvement in performance or gas mileage. they r just a get rich quick scammers that want to make a quick buck with false advertising

those ebay chips r a joke. there is a reason y it only costs $30 for 50 extra horsepower and extra 20% gas mileage.dont be fooled. i bought one of these for my car and never saw any improvement in performance or gas mileage. they r just a get rich quick scammers that want to make a quick buck with false advertising

Ya think? :rolleyes:

yeah they r junk.just a waste of money. save your money and get something like a cold air intake or headers. u wont see any improvement on gas mileage or power. read what the "people" say. they all look like the website made false reviews. it just doesnt seem like normal people typing. i know i use a lot of abbreviations and there isnt one review that looks like my typing. its just a scam

yeah they r junk.just a waste of money. save your money and get something like a cold air intake or headers. u wont see any improvement on gas mileage or power. read what the "people" say. they all look like the website made false reviews. it just doesnt seem like normal people typing. i know i use a lot of abbreviations and there isnt one review that looks like my typing. its just a scam

Dude, you gotta learn sarcasm! :rolleyes:

Check my sig for my specs. No eBay chips there.

This debate just went SOUTH! Lets refocus here people! Im asking for excellent web sites with excellent performance parts for my 5.0, remember? Ebay doesnt count, nor does amazon.

www.hensonperformance.com

we have a site vendor list-ya know.

I might also point out, you made the "pointless" , "electric supercharger" and "chevy swap" remarks.

Now, are you serious? If you are then lets get serious. k thanx

Back