• Register Today It's free!

Personal Triva

ford2009

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford SportTrac
Hello! I am the current owner of a 2009 Sport Trac and 2010 Mountaineer. Past recent vehicles were 2008 Sport Trac, 2008 Mountaineer, 2006 Mountaineer, 2003 Sport Trac, 1999 Ranger, and 1999 F-250 Super Duty.

I am a Viet Nam vet and served in the USAF from 1970-1973.

I worked for IBM for 26 1/2 years separating in March of 2000.

I attended many NASCAR races since I began following the sport in 1993.

I joined to troubleshoot an air conditioning problem in my 2009 Sport Trac.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to have you aboard.:chug:

Rick,

I resolved my air conditioning problem. The problem was a defective motor in the 'heater blend actuator'. To trouble shoot I removed the panels on the driver and passenger sides of the console. Observing the drivers side unit and cycling the drivers side temperature control I could observe the unit rotate. The same observation on the passenger side yielded no movement at all. I ordered P/N YH-1759 (Genuine Ford) from Amazon for $38.00. I personally attempted to replace the unit, but removal of the side panel as directed did not provide sufficient access for me to replace the unit myself. A professional mechanic replaced it for me. Cost was $75.00 and his time was slightly more than 1 hour. Inspection of the defective unit confirmed the motor was defective. No gear issues were observed.

If you deem this information useful, please post it as you see fit.

No replies have been received regarding my air conditioning post. Please update, close, delete, or whatever you do with posted issues.

Thank-you!

Have a good day!

Welcome to this forum! :salute: The blend door actuator is a common failure part. We have several threads on this site with information on how to replace it. A friend of mine purchased two aftermarket actuators, and each one failed within a brief time. Stick with the OEM part. It should last a long time. How many miles does it have?

I hope it lasts a long time. The original unit failed at 60,000 miles. Not significant usage on the passenger side either.

Back