Petersen's 4 Wheel Off Road ---Bah | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Petersen's 4 Wheel Off Road ---Bah

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Good thing I opened what I thought was just junk mail. It only had an address as the return with no name.

Inside was a DVD sent from Peteren's 4 wheel and off road.

Reading the literature I find you will be billed 9.95 for this dvd, and enrolled in a dvd subscription unless you send the dvd back in the prepaid envelope, checking the "do not want" box.

Do not throw this envelope away!!!!

I will not be renewing my subscription.

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

2-Stripe

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xls
wow thats some trick they thought up. Reminds me of those CD clubs back in the 90's

<

<

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
it's Columbia house all over again,,
how do you think they sold all them cassette tapes ?

<

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Quite Simply: You Can Keep It

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/...fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx

These rules are codified in Title 39, United States Code, Section 3009. That section of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 incorporates these protections for American consumers and makes the mailing of unordered merchandise unfair methods of competition and unfair trade practices under the law.

If you do not wish to pay for unsolicited merchandise or make a donation to a charity sending such an item, you may do one of three things (in each case, by law, you have no obligation to the sender):

* If you have not opened the package, you may mark it "Return to Sender," and the Postal Service will return it with no additional postage charged to you.

* If you open the package and don't like what you find, you may throw it away.

* If you open the package and like what you find, you may keep it for free. In this instance, "finders-keepers" applies unconditionally.

Furthermore, it is illegal for a company that sends you unordered merchandise to follow the mailing with a bill or dunning communication.

------

I once received the same and threw it away. After receiving a bill, I called the company and told them they had two options: keep sending me crap for me to throw away, or stop sending me bills as they're violating federal law. The bills stopped.

<

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Yup, dont send it back. They sent it unsolicited so dont even send it back, its your for free now. There is even a letter to the editor in one of the recent mags about it and he explains it as just that.

I wish I got one

Petersens is a good mag, there are worse ones out there

<

Scotty J.

Packin
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Ranger XLT
I LOVE the Bah reference. One of my all time favorite Dilbert's...

dilbert-bah.gif

<

FireZapper

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Yea they even had a reader write in about it. The editor said just that. Keep it, throw it away, burn it, or even watch it. If they send you a bill send it back saying not ordered not paying.

<

red.EDDIE.4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer 4x4
i was pretty curious about that actually. i got a dvd and all that junk.
it says near the bottom that "since you didnt order this, this is a free gift." or somethin like that but you would like to continue these dvds send us your money. or at least thats how i understood it. is that right?

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I've never cared much for Petersen's 4 Wheel Off Road. Four Wheeler is the only one I will read.

I don't care for anything Petersen puts out. Hot Rod and Car Craft use to be great until Petersen took over then they went to hell.

<

inh

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Springfield(ish), MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
Magazines are just too expensive to buy. I sneak in to Jon's bathroom and read his old ones in the middle of the night :)

<

<

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
cool so when Brian s done watching it he can send it to me! and i will then send it to????????????????

I think everyone should get to watch it for free! lol

<

<

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Brian1, get it from JT...:biggthump

... ScottB and I will watch it with you out in the Mojave desert, I'll get it to Zukman... They'll probably show it on their theater set up at Truckhaven..

...:scratch:..We could add a signature card to it and see how many members we can get to sign it...Start it's own thread and follow it's travels...:D

<

john93rangerstx

Reaction score
City, State
warwick ri
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 rangers stx
i just got it in the mail so i dont to have to send it back and they cant do nothing about it it cant hurt my credit they dont have my ssn right

<

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
...Brian1, get it from JT...:biggthump

... ScottB and I will watch it with you out in the Mojave desert, I'll get it to Zukman... They'll probably show it on their theater set up at Truckhaven..

...:scratch:..We could add a signature card to it and see how many members we can get to sign it...Start it's own thread and follow it's travels...:D

can we call it "The little DVD that could"? lol

<