Philips Extreme Power 9007 bulbs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Philips Extreme Power 9007 bulbs

I bought a set of these bulbs for my new truck, Nissan Frontier because the stock housing suck as far as light output is concerned. I first bought silverstar ultras, which were better, but still not great. I even adjusted the aim of the lights as per another forum and it was a bit better. These finally came in yesterday, and installed them today. In the daylight they were projecting light on my house while the silverstars were not. From what I can see, these are just as bright, if not a bit more than the SS ultras I had, for a better price, but the shipping was a bit expensive. Still they arrived unharmed and well packaged. These bulbs have no coating on the bulb itself, but still appear to be as white as the SS's. It rained tonight so I was not able to get a good comparison between the bulbs. I also noticed the glass part of the bulb is shaped slightly different than standard 9007s, perhaps to hold more gas. I know this was used in a non RBV but since it is the same bulb as 95-01 explorers some may like the review on them. One night when it stops raining I will try to get a comparison pic between these and the silverstars. Here is the link to where I purchased them:
http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=100

Thanks for the "heads up".
How do the Philips compare to silverstars in the rain? Any brighter/less rain faid?

They seem to be about the same in the rain, maybe a bit better since they do not have the blue tint. They are just as white as the silverstars from what I can see, but without the blue tint on the bulb. Now that I have aimed my headlights back to where they were stock, I can see a bit better. They are a significant improvement over stock and I will not be putting the silverstars back in. I might see if I can get a side by side comparison of the SS vs Philips, SS vs. stock and Philips vs. stock.

Back