Phone As A Key (PAAK) - available Feb. 6th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone As A Key (PAAK) - available Feb. 6th

Pnewby

Reaction score
City, State
Versailles Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 Aviator
16 Edge Sport
Anyone heard a possible release date for this feature on the Aviator? Enjoy the HUD but wishing for the key feature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know when this will be turned on? The Lincoln Way app allows me to turn the car on, unlock, and lock the car....but i need the key fob to drive the car. I called the concierge, and was informed it is not yet available. My understanding was it was to be available late summer, and it is now the middle of October.

^^ thread merged with this existing one.

I found information on the FB 2020 Aviator forum stating that dealers have been notified PAAK is available and should be installed on any vehicle that wasn't delivered with this activated in the Convenience Package regardless of having been notified or not. I'll have them pick mine up after Christmas to activate this and check my rear seats for the recall.

Maybe it will happen before ours comes in.

I have called Lincoln Concierge several times times (and they are very nice), but each time I ask about when Phone as a Key (PAAK) will be available for my Aviator Reserve II, they say soon, maybe in a few weeks. It was supposed to be available late fall 2019, but now we are winter 2020, and i still don't have it. Does anyone else share my frustration? Does anyone already have it active?

BTW...PAAK is different than what you can do in the app. The app does let me start, turn off, lock and unlock the vehicle. Phone as a Key will let me use my iPhone instead of having to also carry my key fob, which in my opinion is really neat.

No, I’ve been hacked

It is available now:

Feb 6 2020 9514 - Announcing Software Activation Program 19G02 - Supplement #1

Software Activation Program 19G02 - Supplement #1: Certain 2020 Model Year Lincoln Aviators Equipped with the Convenience Package - Phone as a Key Software Activation Is Now Available. Please see FMCDealer.com for more details.

Back