Phone quadrant information mash up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone quadrant information mash up

scotted73

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 4WD
Out of one issue and into another...

The phone quadrant has an issue of my phone info and signal strength attempting to occupy the same space. It has even traveled over onto the clock's designated area. Pulling up the phone screen also has obscured information.
in addition, there is a time display to the left of my phone info that slowly updates and I don't know what it's for.
Pics tell the story:

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 322
  • securedownload-3.jpeg
    securedownload-3.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 306

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Usually the numbers to the left indicate a phone call is in progress.
I have noidea why it is spilling into the clock area... Have you tried a reset?

Have you tried a reset?
I think it should be a rule that a statement like this always has to be prefaced by "Of course you shouldn't have to, but...". ;)

Usually the numbers to the left indicate a phone call is in progress.
I have noidea why it is spilling into the clock area... Have you tried a reset?

I've reset my phone but not Sync. As far as the call, none was in progress soooo Sync is playing a joke on me.
I'll try a reset...

Many of us have this issue, it's not just you.

Im still confused as to how this Upgrade was tested with "Thousands" of Ford employees and no one saw that.

Its just another bug to add to the MFT V3.0 bug list

Yea.. It's still quirky.. It's a Microsoft base product after all! Lol
Today my entertainment section said "Brian's iPhone connected" in the center of the screen no matter what I clicked on...

Yea.. It's still quirky.. It's a Microsoft base product after all! Lol
Today my entertainment section said "Brian's iPhone connected" in the center of the screen no matter what I clicked on...

Lemme guess, it was a problem because your name isn't Brian?? hehe :D

I was checking our screen out today and the name of my wife's phone is shortened to where the is no overlap, just the ellipsis and then the icons. Will have to make a call next and see if that goofs it up...

Many of us have this issue, it's not just you.

Im still confused as to how this Upgrade was tested with "Thousands" of Ford employees and no one saw that.

Its just another bug to add to the MFT V3.0 bug list

One would surmise that the number of us on te consumer side with issues would not have been a fluke.
I can understand not being able to fully test all of the versions/phones of Android, but iPhone does not cove a large range. These bugs seem to have decided to swarm.

The problem seems to have corrected itself after receiving a call. The phantom call disappeared and the phone info is staying within its home.

Hopefully the release of V3.0 has identified enough bugs so we will see V3.1 ASAP

Back