• Register Today It's free!

Phone voice activation?

sgparnes

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited WMetTr/Pecan
I can get the phone voice activated by using phone number, but it doesn't seem to recognize "name" activation. I'm using an iPhone4. Do I need to program the names by my voice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What happens when you say 'Call XXXXX'? Does MFT pull up the wrong name/number, just sit there, or try to give you a lesson on how to use voice commands? Have you uploaded your phonebook to MFT?

My phone book is loaded because I can see all my names and numbers on the MFT screen. Maybe I'm not giving it the correct command. I'll try different commands later when I get home.

Make sure you say, "Call [name]." instead of just their name or using the word 'dial' and then the name.

Great tips and questions, deewan and VinceL!

sgparnes,

Make sure the names in your phonebook aren't in all caps, you're saying them exactly how they appear (last name/first name or first name/last name), and that you say CALL instead of DIAL.

If you say CALL, you can use any of the following commands:

<Contact Name>
Call <Contact Name>
<Contact Name> at Home
Call <Contact Name> at Home
<Contact Name> on Cell
<Contact Name> on Mobile
Call <Contact Name> on Cell
Call <Contact Name> on Mobile
<Contact Name> at Work
<Contact Name> at the Office
<Contact Name> in the Office
Call <Contact Name> at Work
Call <Contact Name> at the Office
Call <Contact Name> in the Office

Let us know if this helps!

Rebecca

Rebecca, quick phone question for you:

I have set up the quick dials for my phonebook and I was wondering if there is any way to use voice commands to access them?

Thanks,
Vince

Rebecca, quick phone question for you:

I have set up the quick dials for my phonebook and I was wondering if there is any way to use voice commands to access them?

Thanks,
Vince

Unfortunately, there are no voice commands for Quick Dials. I'll submit it as a suggestion for a future command. :)

Rebecca

Unfortunately, there are no voice commands for Quick Dials. I'll submit it as a suggestion for a future command. :)

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, that would be super handy!

Back