Phonebook Download Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phonebook Download Problems

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In a high desert city not far from ghost towns ...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
I have a new phone, the Motorola Z2 Force. So far a great phone but some compatibility issues with the Ford Sync, specifically phonebook. Ford's site shows that this series of phones will not automatically download contacts to Sync.

I'm not much of an electronics guide but searching the web made references to cloud storage, etc. etc. I'm lost.

Is there a workaround or process to simply get my phone's contacts to work with Sync?

THANK YOU for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you followed the "Accessing Your Phone Settings" in your Owner's Manual starting on page 448 of the 4th edition?

Peter

Have you followed the "Accessing Your Phone Settings" in your Owner's Manual starting on page 448 of the 4th edition?

Peter

Yes, went through the Sync portion of the manual several times with emphasis on the phone pairing, phone book, etc. Turns out on this new phone you have to "send" the phonebook from the phone, the Sync doesn't just pull it in like it did with my last phone.

At any rate, I managed to download the phone book and test out hands free calling. All good. So, the Motorola Moto Z2 Force phone WILL Sync and share the phonebook.

I just got a new Z2 Force (AT&T version) this week. Connected it with no problems yesterday. Downloaded my phone book today through the Sync2 system's control, never touched the phone to make it happen. I had the option to download the phonebook yesterday when i first paired the phone, but the wife wanted to leave to the store and wasn't interesting in waiting for my phone to finish (I wasn't going along).

Which carrier version of the Z2 Force did you connect?

Which carrier version of the Z2 Force did you connect?[/QUOTE said:

Might be a difference in the way the carrier tweaked the Android system.

Or my being a bit of a luddite.

Lol... Easy to be that way once we pass a certain age...

Back