[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that pull a part charges 60 bucks for a transmission????? i checked their inventory and they only have 15 first gens

Well i just replaced the fuel filter with a brand new fram one. Pretty easy i think it took 5 min to do. It runs a little better not a lot but a noticeable difference

old left new right:

6322598601_172622421e_z.jpg

2011-11-07_12-24-33_791 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

Well i got quite a bit done today... used some zip ties on the inside of the doors to quiet down some rattling and on the tail gate. I took all 4 door panels off and took the inserts out and the speaker mesh out, and i painted them all black. I started gluing them back together... So now my doors are quiet and i should expect less rattlings when im riding down the road.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...30831085_1189221128_33136235_1390766542_n.jpg

Looks like i might be hitting up the w-s pull a part.... Never been to a salvage yard much less to get a trans. anyone have any good tips?

Looks like i might be hitting up the w-s pull a part.... Never been to a salvage yard much less to get a trans. anyone have any good tips?

Take a bunch of tools and what cash you can with you. You might find a lot of other goodies as well.

yeah theres some odds and ends that i need like an iac and some emission stuff.. I hope they have the a4ld... that would suck to drive 2 hours for them not to have it...

YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO A JUNK YARD??? Dude you just don't know what you're missing..... once you go you'll never stop!!! Ok maybe this is me, but it's like crack to me.

yeah theres some odds and ends that i need like an iac and some emission stuff.. I hope they have the a4ld... that would suck to drive 2 hours for them not to have it...

I guarantee you they do. I bet of the 15 exploders they have 13 are auto, 2 manual. Of the 13 auto I bet there's at least 8 or 9 to choose from with everything you need. This is all figuratively speaking.

The only time I was at that yard in Feb this year, I found 1 manual trans truck. A lot of them still had engines and trans in them.

Take a bunch of tools and what cash you can with you. You might find a lot of other goodies as well.
Agreed take extra cash.... every time I go to a yard, I ALWAYS find more than I initially went in for.

The reason why i have never been is because there is literally no pull-a-parts close to me, and all the yards are way overpriced

The reason why i have never been is because there is literally no pull-a-parts close to me, and all the yards are way overpriced

yes I know what you mean.... the yards where people think their parts are a goldmine...

I first went to a pull-a-part when I was stationed in TN last time.

Wasn't my first JY trip, cause I've been going to them since before I could drive.

so good news... im going to go with a buddy down to that pull a part place on the 23rd. we are planning on going early so we will have time to pull it out. were taking his camry so it wont kill me in gas. Hopefully we will find one thats not blown,

So, being theres no trans installed there's no tc... im thinking thats why my engine has a stumbling problem at low idle... im hoping that will go away when i get a trans installed... anyone have any input?

So, being theres no trans installed there's no tc... im thinking thats why my engine has a stumbling problem at low idle... im hoping that will go away when i get a trans installed... anyone have any input?

I say no. Because as far as the computer is concerned the truck is in park, so the other circuits aren't used.

A stumble at idle is engine related, not trans. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor? How old are you're plugs n wires? These items is what I'd look at first.

I say no. Because as far as the computer is concerned the truck is in park, so the other circuits aren't used.

A stumble at idle is engine related, not trans. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor? How old are you're plugs n wires? These items is what I'd look at first.

The engine had a full tune up when i got it, im saying without having a heavy torque converter hooked up could that cause it to have trouble idling?

A little update... last night i cleaned the iac, and today i cleaned the maf and it seemed to run a little better... But now its out of gas :p so i have to go get some more before i can diagnose annything else... when i rev it it does give me a cel.

Got a lot done today... Cleaned the maf iac, installed the door panels yesterday, got the exhaust done, it ends 4 inches in front of the axle so i shouldnt have anything hitting... it was too dark to get a photo under the truck but heres some pics:

6335087331_2c30d3253a_z.jpg

2011-11-11_16-00-25_447 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

6335843866_553713f9e1_z.jpg

2011-11-11_16-18-11_653 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

6335087617_3a62c1e677_z.jpg

2011-11-11_16-21-41_903 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

6335844124_007c1f2b33_z.jpg

2011-11-11_16-40-03_768 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

6335087107_c9915a439f_z.jpg

2011-11-09_17-52-56_717 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

and i found some chairs that said "ford expedition" on the back at goodwill.. so i bought them :D

6335087183_a3620a25ce_z.jpg

2011-11-11_15-15-16_125 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr

this truck is starting to come back together really quickly :rolleyes:

Bad Ass! I have one of those chairs!

Posted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad Ass! I have one of those chairs!

Posted

thanks! i got two of those chairs with the matching carrying case for 3 bucks :cool:

Back