Photo editing exercise? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Photo editing exercise?

2000StreetRod

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
For some time now I've been thinking about what to do when its time to repaint my Sport. I like the Toreador Red and will have my vehicle repainted the same color. I thought maybe a different trim color would be "special" which might be appropriate for what is evolving into a rather unique Sport. My high school (Chico, CA) colors were red and gold which I thought complemented each other. I wonder what my Sport would look like if the fender flares were gold instead of gray. If any member has a good photo editing program and knows how to use it I encourage you to demonstrate your skills on the photo below.
NOBARL.JPG

Black might look good for the bumpers. It would match the B pillars, roof rack, mirrors, glass rubber molding and tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

2000StreetRod

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
Moved thread

Dale, I moved your thread to the photoshop-manipulation sub forum.:D

Thanks! I didn't know there was such a category. I tried using Microsoft Paint (please don't laugh) and after an hour just gave up.

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
I like it with the grey-but that is just opinion.

If you do gold, you will need to do the bumpers also. You will find tan bumper pads easily, and even a gold bumper. This will cost money though which might be better placed elsewhere.

Another idea would be all torreador red. Think about it, all one color would make the fenders look "fatter". Again, paint and time--

2000StreetRod

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
2000 Eddie Bauer

I found this photo of a 2000 Eddie Bauer on the internet.
2KEddieBauer.jpg

The differences with mine (other than the gold) is a chrome headlight/grille trim (mine is red) and part of the bumper is chrome (mine is all gray). I was considering gold headlight trim to match the fender flares. I don't really like the bumper which is why I was considering all black. Also, the Eddie Bauer has a secondary flare in the fender flares which I don't like as much as my fender flares. My rear bumper is all gray with a rubber(?) horizontal ribbed upper section. Again, I was thinking painting the gray section black. That would eliminate all of the gray and I would only have three colors: red, black and gold.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH